Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #21
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

@Marty: I'll try out your strategy today. But otherwise, I'll try freeing those winged creatures and learn to use the painting.... and perhaps the prism too. BTW are you a Star Wars fan???
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #22
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Are you looking at my location? That depends on my mood. See, now I'm a BG2 fan
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #23
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

Well I tried your tactic today. but after finishing the first lever set about 15 times, the golem says level 4 of rank one complete ( i had 6 squares then).
after about another 7-8 times, it said level 2 of ramk 1 complete (i had 4 squares then). it the times between i had finished with 3, 4, 5, 6 squares at various occasions but no announcement of any level completion. whwnever i try for 7 squares, i'm stopped at 3,4,5. Why? Why? WHY? [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

@marty: yup was referring to your location. had noticed it several times before but always forgot to add it in my post.

[ 03-01-2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Serak Moonblade ]
Either learn or leave
Old 03-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #24
Vassago
Manshoon

To complete a level, you need to have three Xs in a row (just like Tic-Tac-Toe). To master a rank, you need to complete levels 3-7. The level corresponds to the number of Xs on the grid upon getting three Xs in a row.

For Example:
Level 3 could look like this:
O|X|O
O|X|O
O|X|O

Level 4 could look like this:
O|X|O
X|X|O
O|X|O

You see the difference? Level three you have beat only three squares where as level four you beat 4 squares. The trick is to leave the square that will give you three in a row as the last battle (i.e. red X)

So to continue...
Level 5:
X|O|X
O|X|O
X|O|X

Level 6:
X|X|O
X|X|O
O|X|X

Level 7:
X|X|O
X|X|X
O|X|X
Old 03-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #25
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

@vassago

OHHH!

I SEE...!!!

this seems logical. wonder why it didn't cross my mind...the squares being so arranged...

Thanks a lot!!
Either learn or leave
Old 03-25-2005, 05:37 AM   #26
Lucern
Quintesson

Argh. My hat's off to anyone who completed the Battle Square. You have a lot of patience, determination, and you had to have been at least a little bored one evening

It's tedious like those battles every few steps on gold box games, and it's HARD!

The load button and I became good friends, and I gave up (for now) at the 5th rank. The Frost Giant, the Water Elemental (could take him but too many potions/waiting with Periapt and ring of regeneration), Shambling Mound (same) are instant reloads. The Feyr and the Barrow Wight I can never seem to defeat in the time allotted. They Feyr even goes up to my other 5 members, which I gotta say are pretty damn useless lol all together they're 3:1 in eliminating it in 1 minute.

I'm playing with an old pen and paper party, and only three members actually filled up the allotment of attribute points. One of them only spent 5 lol. It's hard but fun, but I'm probably going to stop this while I'm ahead and move on. Even with my meager party I've only hit a few truly tough spots. We press on.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #27
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Its the most stupid bit of the game.Its pointless and tedious. I did it once and not its skip battle square for me thanks to ease of use, one of the only times i have used its components in iwd2 or bg2
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #28
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

No it's not. I find it a nice "training room" of sorts, to make you see what you can and can not kill. And it nets you best shortsword in the game... and a few other great items
Old 03-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #29
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
No it's not. I find it a nice "training room" of sorts, to make you see what you can and can not kill. And it nets you best shortsword in the game... and a few other great items
I can find that out by meeting monster in the game, not by having them spawn. ANd i would rather face a powerful monster to get the items in a better context, like the dragons etc in bg2.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #30
Magness
Quintesson

Battle Squares is too tedious for me now. Like Aragorn, I just use the "Skip Battle Squares" option in IWD2's Easue of Use mod to get all the treasure without spending hours of tedious solo combat.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote