Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2003, 04:25 PM   #21
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by motub:
Actually, I'm using this mod as a "cheat" in order to roleplay-- my four characters are almost all half-breeds (an Aasimar, Tiefling and Half-Elf, plus a Human), and they were brought together by the charismatic Human Ranger/Wizard-- whose beloved half-sister was a half-breed, and is now dead because of it-- who has organized them into a sort of Half-Breed support group to prevent such tragedies happening again. This is the bond that allows the characters of varying alignments to co-exist. This is also why they're all multiclassed, because of the confusion and lack of direction they have suffered as outsiders from both halves of their various cultures. Together, they have found a direction, support, and acceptance of their odd lifestyle.
Motub, it sounds like your half-breed party should sign up with the Legion of the Chimera, not fight against them!
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:00 PM   #22
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Sorcerer needs intelligence. Spelcraft-10 leads to certain bonuses...
aqua mortis etc. They are too nice to be left behind.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 09:31 PM   #23
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
Sorcerer needs intelligence. Spelcraft-10 leads to certain bonuses...
aqua mortis etc. They are too nice to be left behind.
The amount of INT that a sorc needs kinda depends on the composition of the party.

If the sorc is the only mage in a party, then the sorc will probably want to be strong in all of the arcane skills (alchemy, concentration, Knowledge Arcana, spellcraft) as well as diplomacy. However, if the sorc is in a party with a wizard, the wizard can take care of most of the arcane skills, leaving the sorc to concentrate on ... well, concentration and spellcraft.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:22 AM   #24
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Why would a sorcerer need Spellcraft if that can be taken up by a mage?
I'd put the sorcerer as the party leader, invest in communication skills and protective spells and constitution.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:20 AM   #25
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Why would a sorcerer need Spellcraft if that can be taken up by a mage?
I'd put the sorcerer as the party leader, invest in communication skills and protective spells and constitution.
Why spellcraft? Because you need 10 ranks in Spellcraft as a prerequisite for taking the Elemental Magic feats of Spirit of Flame, Scion of Storms, Aqua Mortis, and Aegis of Rime. These are excellent feats for any bombardier type of sorceror, particularly Spirit of Flame and Scion of Storms
Old 10-31-2003, 10:21 AM   #26
motub
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
Motub, it sounds like your half-breed party should sign up with the Legion of the Chimera, not fight against them!
Well, they're Chaotic Good (2 members), Lawful Evil (1) and Neutral Evil (1), so most of them wouldn't really want to join. Even those who might consider it, do realize that it is the actions of groups like the Legion that are the source of their troubles anyway, which give a bad name to extraplanar and non-human creatures.

In any case, groups that kill humans are going to target one or both of the parents of any of these party members as well, so it's in all their interests to put a stop to the Legion's activities.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:03 PM   #27
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You hear that, guys? That's a role-player!
RESPECT, motub!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:07 PM   #28
Magness
Quintesson

BoB, you want to see a roleplaying party, check out this link...

Shara's Excellent Adventure

This is a party that I've just created. I haven't even created them within the game yet. That party is (not so) serious roleplaying!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:20 PM   #29
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Nice link. Nice character generation. Who's is it?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:09 PM   #30
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Nice link. Nice character generation. Who's is it?
Sorry for not making that more clear. That's my latest party. Just completed it last night.

They're about to finish the prologue tonight.