Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-01-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HELLO everyone! This is Cloudbringer with an official Cloudy Howdy to all you new members of Ironworks! And to anyone who may have been on IW but just found their way to the IWD Forum, Howdy to YOU too!

I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a while, but things transpired to keep me tied up lately. Er, don't tell Memnoch I'm here, he'll know his knot tying is lousy! *giggle*

I am a regular on the General Discussions Forum as I *hangs head and whispers loudly* have only got through Ch 2 of BG2, having been sidetracked by beginning an online version of it with friends, re-starting an online game of IWD (which I HAVE beaten! ) and this thing called General Discussion....it's insidiously addictive!

I also frequent the book forum and am making more of an effort to participate here in IWD and in BG2. I still want that timestop cast on my real life...I need the time!

And once again, Welcome to Ironworks, and May all your Adventuring be Spectacular!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-01-2001).]
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 02:37 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a while, but things transpired to keep me tied up lately. Er, don't tell Memnoch I'm here, he'll know his knot tying is lousy! *giggle*

Cloudbringer

Cloudy,

Don't worry. I can't say as I've ever seen Memnoch post in this forum . Now watch him prove me wrong .

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 11:51 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HAHAHA...Well, he's now moderating at TeamBG, so I guess we'll see even LESS of our pal Memsy. Maybe dsl will help him spread himself out more, but I'm banking on him turning to vapor and dissipating on a breeze soon

Anyway, HOWDY again everyone! I just mangaged to be the first reply to a question here! Which makes me feel really good tonight! I can rarely if ever do that in BG2!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-02-2001, 09:16 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hi, Cloudy! I've been doing my best recently to be unofficial deputy welcomer to new ones in here, but I have to sleep sometimes, lol!

Not rying to take over, just to help out After all, you can't be everywhere ALL the time, lol!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 06:13 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Hi, Cloudy! I've been doing my best recently to be unofficial deputy welcomer to new ones in here, but I have to sleep sometimes, lol!

Not rying to take over, just to help out After all, you can't be everywhere ALL the time, lol!
Pant... pant ... gasp... huff... whoo! I'm racing all over the place! LOL Good to see that purrrty sig, Fljotsdale!

Yah, I'm trying to check in more often. Things like sleep are a problem, aren't they? LOL That and I'm actually playing some games again!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-02-2001, 07:02 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome, Schemlcome! you can all go home now as far as i'm concerned! And don't think that just because you're welcoming me that i'm gonna like you! you think i appreciate that kind of stuff? if i wanna hear "thank you very much, please come again" i'll go to the local Quick-E mart and talk to Apuo. And that's another thing, how come we don't have a cool IWD store full of patches, editors, script compilers, portraits, waves, and my coolest screenshots?
In the ghetto, we don't put a welcome mat on our shack, but if you wanna come in we'll still hook ya up real nicey nice.
I mean, unless you guys are going for the whole "professional customer service" aspect here, we can quit with the nicey nice posts, can't we? I'm sure the newbies ignore the batch welcomes as well as I. It seems to me that those who send the welcome messages are part of "the club" (you know, that one that gives you 1,000 posts next to your name on your first day) or are simply advertising their own handle. pppfffftt!
If you REALLY want to welcome someone, give them that personal touch. (no, not THERE) Reply to their question with some help and add something like "Welcome to our board Dipshit-Do'Urden hope you like it here."
But otherwise, PLEASE SPARE US.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:24 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
Welcome, Schemlcome! you can all go home now as far as i'm concerned! And don't think that just because you're welcoming me that i'm gonna like you! you think i appreciate that kind of stuff? if i wanna hear "thank you very much, please come again" i'll go to the local Quick-E mart and talk to Apuo. And that's another thing, how come we don't have a cool IWD store full of patches, editors, script compilers, portraits, waves, and my coolest screenshots?
In the ghetto, we don't put a welcome mat on our shack, but if you wanna come in we'll still hook ya up real nicey nice.
I mean, unless you guys are going for the whole "professional customer service" aspect here, we can quit with the nicey nice posts, can't we? I'm sure the newbies ignore the batch welcomes as well as I. It seems to me that those who send the welcome messages are part of "the club" (you know, that one that gives you 1,000 posts next to your name on your first day) or are simply advertising their own handle. pppfffftt!
If you REALLY want to welcome someone, give them that personal touch. (no, not THERE) Reply to their question with some help and add something like "Welcome to our board Dipshit-Do'Urden hope you like it here."
Hm! Well, you are entitled to your opinion, Leafy!

And as for your last point, I DO offer help with questions when I know the answers, lol!
Saying 'Welcome' is just being friendly, and has nothing to do with getting extra posts in, lol! However, if you don't like people being friendly AS WELL as helpful, just ignore any friendliness you see, ok?
We could always be nasty to you, I suppose, if that would make you feel more comfortable, lol!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-02-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:

Now, now, Leafy...

Be nice to the Welcome Wagon. The Welcome is an honored tradtion here at Ironworks, our home-away-from-home. Ppersonal welcomes abound, but Cloudy is our "Official" Welcome Wagon, and has EARNED her right to do just that. If you don't appreciate it, just don't read it.

Check your Terms of Service that you agreed to before you attack again.

That said, WELCOME to IronWorks, Leafy. Feel free to visit GD as well, and introduce yourself.

------------------
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 08:35 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ah Leafy, a flame? Against niceness? Against welcomes?

Hmmm..mayhap you would be happier with "Sod off newbies, we don't care for your stupid and inane questions?" If so, then you would be in the wrong place. Ironworks does care.

I care. But having noted your feelings on the matter, I shall not welcome you again, trust me. And as for batch welcomes, do feel free not to read them anymore! But you are most welcome to such help as you find here. Oh and FYI, you would be the first and yes, ONLY person to ever object to a welcome on Ironworks.

Fljotsdale and RudeDawg are both quite correct and pleasant in their posts. A lesson to be had there.

To everyone else, I say again, on behalf or our Webmaster, the moderators, the membership at large and myself, WELCOME to Ironworks!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-02-2001, 08:52 PM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Yup. "Kill 'em with kindness" Our motto at the IronWorks...

Very diplomatic, Cloudy! I done good, huh? I've toned down a bit since I started, huh?

The NiceDawg

------------------
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote