Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 02:31 PM   #21
Saigo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think with so many people saying that the game was not worht the money paid for what they got i will refrain from getting it and devot more of my time to understanding more about neverwinternight so that when it comes out i will be able to immerse myself in it as much as i did with bg2 and the first iwd!
Saigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 04:47 PM   #22
marco
The Magister

the combo I have ( havn't finished it yet) is:

fighter(dwarf)
ranger(human)
cleric(dwarf)
fighter/cleric(dwarf)
theif/mage(elf)
mage(human)

to me this is not a bad combo, but of course you don't max experience out and to move up levels it take awhile. When it comes to fights my thief/mage and my rnager go into shadows to soften up the enemy and of course scout out the trouble. then i send in the two mages on the fringe of the area( just before we engage the enemy) and fire ball the lot!

PS right now i'm on the burial island and just about to go up the wooden steps, what would my point in being on the island be? I take i am suppose to find the shaman?

------------------
there are 10 thunders, the 7th is the thunder of man!
marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:27 AM   #23
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by marco:
PS right now i'm on the burial island and just about to go up the wooden steps, what would my point in being on the island be? I take i am suppose to find the shaman?
[/B]
Kinda - just look around carefully and you'll find what you seek. If there's one thing thats not a problem with IWD its the complexity of ther plot run around kill stuff and you'll move on..

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 12:02 AM   #24
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I installed Heart Of Winter yesterday and the new features and spells it adds to the game are awesome..My Druid is a KILLER spellcaster now and my Mage kicks ass with the Lance of Disruption and Force Missle Spells..
As for my Party

1 Pure class Fighter human
1 Pure class Mage elf
1 Pure class Druid human
1 Pure class Paladin human
1 Multiclass Fighter/Thief elf
1 Multiclass Cleric/Fighter elf

Kicks ass since I have 4 fighters in and 2 spellcasters in my group. Can anyone tell me why my druid has really high hitpoints..I dont really get it since nobody in the party has less than 16 Con and I have Max Hitpoints/Level activated.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:52 PM   #25
sirgwayne

just beat it today!!! Great game!

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:16 PM   #26
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Druids with more hitpoints than a figfhter?? well, they added stuff to keep druids from getting fatigued..
and increaded HP (or at least, regeneration) would make sense for a druid. hmmmmmmmm. there are plenty of bugs though
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:26 PM   #27
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

So, you that have finished the game. Did you ever find: "the rogues cowel" "the shimmering sash" or that mace of -4 luck on 10% of the hits? these are some of the new items in kulduhar (cowel and sash are spawned after saving sister eugina from dragon eye's Talonite priests). there are new items, but i'm concerned as to how they've distributed them about the game..
i'm playing thru from the start to see how the new rules fit in the old game. so far, i haven't seen a whole lot of bonus treasures (though there have been one or two). the game seems to run a little different in that you can no longer sneak up on a pack of Yaun-ti and lure just one out into the hallway and assasinate him. NOW, if one sees you, he tells his buddies and they all move towards you. more realistic i say...
that and they turned up the difficulty of the locks everywhere. no longer can you just get by with your cleric forcing locks open; you gotta pick or knock them open.
i can't wait to get to the new section.. i looked around a bit when i first got it, but rather than be let down by the short expansion levels everyone has been talking about; i decicded to keep the romance alive and play from the beginning so as to prolong the inevitable.. so far, so pleased
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 12:21 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
Epona,

two clerics is not overkill. in fact, a straight cleric and a fighter cleric is an EXCELLENT combination in a party. when you encounter undead, the straight cleric can stand an turn them while the fighter cleric calls upon holy might and cleans up the stragglers (dwarven fighter clerics are there best cuz their high con makes for many more hitpoints). Clerics have a decided advantage in this game with the low level wonder spells like Sanctuary(make your cleric a scout) and Call upon Holy Might (now make him a fighter). I'd also make the straight cleric Evil. this way he gets the new "cause wounds" spells and, if he turns the undead, they fall under his control rather than explode.
As for your bard; be happy to know that in HoW, bards get a total of 6 different bard songs they can sing

This is great! I had a Paladin, Ranger, Thief,Mage, dwarven fighter/cleric and Bard for the party I finished with. LOVED the bard and the Paladin. I also think clerics can be under-rated... they definitely earn their keep in this game. Used turn undead a lot and holy might. New bard songs? YIPPEEE!

Have HOW but not installed yet. Can't wait to play.

Cloudbringer
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:40 PM   #29
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Beat it today... boo hoo hoo.

I should have expected this, having read several posts, but the disappointment was, well.. disappointing. It seemed like the whole point of the expansion was to throw out buckets of high XP monsters just so one could level. Although there were a few subquests (which I haven't finsighed all of those yet), unless I missed a huge hunk of the game

Damn, I'm too depressed to even finish that last sentence. Anyway, more to come from Black Isle soon, and I bet they learn their lesson after this one.

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 01:28 AM   #30
HiTman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunately college leaves me with little to no available cash to spend on luxuries. Oh well, I'll get it someday... until then, I'll have to play through BG2 with my friend. Btw, it rules

- HiT
HiTman is offline   Reply With Quote