Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 08:27 PM   #1
GwanGwanish

Just one quick thing, ok you have to start over to get a character in the vault thingy, but whats stopping someone from having their friend be a dm and dropping all sorts of good items and giving them exp bonus'es so they level up like mad. How is this going to be covered?

Also any idea what kind of modem this is gonna need? I have a 56k modem and 450mhz but so far the only games ive managed to play without much lag in a while have been soldier of fortune, baldurs gate 1, tribes, and starcraft.
The ones I havent been able to play because of lag or being disconnected from the server when trying to play are Fall out Tactics multidemo, vampire, Baldurs Gate 2, Quake3 (Team Arena), and who knows what.

Is it gonna take like a cable modem to play this on the net, because I am not buying it for the single player game.

(Also all the games Ive listed, Ive easily played over a local network.)
Old 02-02-2001, 01:30 PM   #2
Mortis Metacarpus

Well, Bioware have said that it should be playable with a 56k modem, but if you couldn't play BG II online you may have a problem. I don't have a cable modem either, so here's hoping...

The way that the vault will prevent people from doing that is that when you bring a character back to the vault from a game, it will pass them through a number of filters. If they have gained more XP points/magic/whatever than it would expect given their level and the amount of time away from the vault, you will be given the option to sacrifice some of your XP/equipment/whatever to remain a vault character, or choose not to and lose vault status.
Old 02-02-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
GwanGwanish

I am relieved to hear that they have a way to stop people from cheating. Play ad&d games on the net and it is annoying how many people you run into that have some of the greatest equipment at only lvl 5 or something.

Here's to hoping that you wont need a dsl to play NwN on the net