Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Default The Time Has Arrived...

...for a complete run through of Icewind Dale with Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster, Icewind Dale 2 Collector's Edition, Baldur's Gate with Tales of the Sword Coast, and Baldur's Gate Shawdows of Amn with the Throne of Bhaal. Then I'll wrap all that up with a play through of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance I and II. While I know I can't use the same character through all of them I plan on starting at lvl 1 with my char in IWD then using an editor to do any tweaks. I doubt such an undertaking has ever before been attempted in geekdom, or even nerddom. I'll try to keep everyone updated as to my progress, because I'm sure all you Iron Workers will be dying for news on this remarkble quest. (I tried to make myself sound more like a loser but it just wasn't possible.)
Old 03-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: The Time Has Arrived...

Go for it! But by the time you reach BG1 you will be so powerfull the game will be boring, and you will most certainly need an XP cap remover.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
gaijinalways
Dungeon Master

Damn, if I only had that much free time to familarize myself with the series. Wait a minute!?!
gaijinalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
Gherbod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Balintherlas,

Sounds like fun... please do post notes about your adventures on here. One other thought I am having is that a particularly nasty blow to the head could knock out a few thousand (or million) experience points...

- Gherbod
Gherbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

that's definitely a fun thing to do. last month i finished my entire run- thru. took me a LONG time, tho. i am now doing something similar with Fallout and Fallout 2.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Apologies all around. Please forgive my terribley long absence and neglect of this post.
Well, to begin my party is just about to journey to the Severed Hand in Icewind Dale (yep, I'm stil in IWD). I have a party a six being led by Gulteran, a human paladin. Balintherlas, my main PC, is young and foolish and this is his first adventure. Being half-elven, he opted to try three classes, that of the fighter-mage-thief. The rest of the party looks to him as a favored student, and he is learning everything he can from his friends and comrades who generally have more experience than him. Balin seeks to hone his skills in the harsh Dale in hopes of being able to return to his place of birth, the Sword Coast, and right the many wrongs there.

I hope my fellow nerds enjoyed this first installment of my ultimate powergaming quest and will bring more updates and background on the rest of the party in the near future.