Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Default NWN 1 Bodak

In Jhareg Castle at Quint's room there is a mob named Bodak. He stands in front of a gate. The first time I encountered him I lasted one of his spells then died. This guy is extremely powerful. I have no idea why he is where he is in the game. I have tried potioning up to the gills in an attempt to beat him. Still he gets off one spell and instantly kills not only me but the henchie and panther.
I never last long enough to find out what his weakness is. Can anyone tell me how to beat this mob?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: NWN 1 Bodak

The thing that kills you is his death gaze (cone-shaped effect, fortitude save vs death). The bodak can use that ability six times. After that, it's an AC 16ish, 58 hp level 9 undead with immunity to electricity, DR 20 to fire and acid, and a DR 10 to physical attacks by non-magical weapons. Nasty, but far from impossible.

Your main challenge is to survive its gaze attacks. You can do that by gaining Death Immunity through items or spells, by improving your CON and fortitude saves, by turning the undead, by killing it from afar or by exhausting the gazes (for instance, by summoning a badger in front of it whilst standing well back yourself and having it get killed a few times). Alternatively, Cold, Holy and Sonic traps can kill it before it gets to you.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Calagari
Manshoon

Default Re: NWN 1 Bodak

Now I know why I have been saving up all those found traps. I knew they had to have a use in the game but didn't know where. This guy got a surprise he didn't expect.
Among other things I had tried was to hide around the corner of the hallway and fire off bolts at him. Once he caught wind of me though I would have to run.
I'll fill the hallway between him and I with traps then fire off an arrow at him. Let him come get me now
Thanks Legolas for the help.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote