Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-28-2002, 01:35 PM   #1
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

As most of you I've played through the games quite a lot, and now I always love to add something new to it to make it different and/or more challenging or surprising.

I currently have the Darkest Day Mod, the Ilyich Mod, The Ascension Mod, and the Solaufein Mod installed I believe... anything else anyone would recommend to add a twist to it? Something along the lines of more tactical encounters, quests, dialogue, spells, characters, and/or items - especially the tactical encounters and quests.

[ 10-28-2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Dakkon Darkblade ]
Old 10-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Spells 50, Ease of Use, Item Upgrade. All from http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/index.html .
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Well, Solaufein, Ascension and The Ritual are the biggest combat oriented Mods.

However, if you want some variety in your game, consider installing new NPC's.
Kelsey is probably the best custom made NPC, quality-wise. Massive number of voiced lines, interactions and interjection. He's a possible romance to Female characters, and if you download the ToB part of the Mod, he will also try to romance Imoen! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You welcome, JC.

Tashia is a fun NPC. Not nearly as well made like Kelsey or even Sola, but she's funny and her romance is refreshing and original.

Valen. Now, Valen is cool. Come on! A joinable Vampire(ss)! I'm having fun with her in my evil party right now. Finnaly, playing evil in BG2 without being forced to do good things in order to please others! Actually, Valen sometimes FORCES you to do evil things, which is very fun indeed. A must for every evil party.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:

However, if you want some variety in your game, consider installing new NPC's.
Kelsey is probably the best custom made NPC, quality-wise. Massive number of voiced lines, interactions and interjection. He's a possible romance to Female characters, and if you download the ToB part of the Mod, he will also try to romance Imoen! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You welcome, JC.
Yes, thank you, that's pretty accurate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just remember that there's quite a bit to Kelsey without the PC romance, so even if you only play male PCs or love Anomen to death or don't play romances or whatever, there's still a lot to the character.