Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 04:22 AM   #1
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

I have a question. I had Xan, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of him permanently, but I needed an extra spot in the party, and he was the one to go. When I got rid of him (In an inn) he said that things weren't working out anyway (I think it was my 20 rep), and he left. So I had him use a cursed scroll of petrification, and I figure I can un-petrify him later. Has anyone else tried this, and will it work?
Xrayted82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 10:59 AM   #2
Nazgūl
Manshoon

it may work, but im not sure of it. he might attack you when he is alive again.

------------------

and the sky will rain fire...
Nazgūl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 01:15 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

He won't attack you, he just won't rejoin your group.....while you've got a high Rep. So you've got to whack somebody, then do Stone to Flesh. Well, I of course don't KNOW if this will work, but you've got a much better chance with a Neutral Rep.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I don't know the mechanics of it working but I love the idea!

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Billikins the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 06:59 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I agree with Billikins. Let us know what happens when you wake him up again.

I think the trick with Neutrals like Xan is to drop your Rep before you let him go. The only thing I did with Xan this last game is give him his Moonblade back and take him up to the surface, but I think he'll wait there for me until Doomsday, because my Rep was 12 when I dropped him off.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 12:54 AM   #6
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

So afterward is no good?
Xrayted82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 03:15 AM   #7
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Xrayted82:
So afterward is no good?
If your rep. is low enough when you are dropping him he would say: It was great, I am waiting until you will need me again - sth like this. And he will wait this place until end of game. If your rep. is to high neutrals are angry and disappear. So lower rep. and you dont need to petrify him
Anyway I think he should join you again after stone to flesh transformation. I could pick neutrals having 20rep, bu they were complaining. I thnk that when you drop him game checks for rep/alignment and decide he will stay or disappear - but you will have dialog with him anyway. Since you stoned him there was no talk and maybe he will not be angry.

Zbyszek

Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote