Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 02:08 AM   #1
Ziroc

Go here for the latest news:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

==========================
U.S. COMPANIES PLUNGE ON FOREIGN STOCK EXCHANGES...

Nikkei Dn 5% After U.S. Attacks; Bank of Japan Injected 2 trillion yen in 911 funds...

800 MISSING AT PENTAGON... *WHAT?!?!?!?!?*

300+ NY FIREFIGHTERS FEARED DEAD...

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-12-2001, 02:11 AM   #2
Ziroc

Stock Report Link:
U.S. COMPANIES PLUNGE ON FOREIGN STOCK EXCHANGES:

http://de.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=msft...orcl.f&d=t&m=a

(May need to copy and paste)

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-12-2001, 03:22 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ma guess is: Bin Laden told the truth

it is someone related to Israel did it, COULD be some American group, but the bad news is:
IF it is not american group, Bin Laden can still live
IF it is american group, Bin Laden will be DEAD FOR SURE
Old 09-12-2001, 09:29 AM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

If he did it, he'd deny it. If he didn't, of coures he wouldn't say he did.
But I doubt Bin is lying here. He must have known the whole world would think he was the one behind the attacks, and anyone with common sense would not want to die.
On the other hand, he's a muslim. Personally, I'm not so I don't know much about their morals and values, but he IS seen as a hero in a lot of countries (about one third of the people in this world are muslim) and it could have been that he was prepared to die for his beliefs.

I simply don't know. It could have been just eight people really, two per plane, all dead now. Then what?

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas, mourning for the USA

Old 09-12-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I'm not one to jump to conclusions about who is behind the attacks, but I have two responses:

1) No offense, but I take everything from the Drudge Report with a grain of salt. There was an article last Christmas that my father had read which indicated that, then President Clinton, had signed himself into a position of authority, using executive orders, that allowed him to basically declare a national state of emergency and enforce dictatorial rule. After I did some research, I found the executive order that was referenced. I read the original source and after some further research found that the Drudge Report had distorted the original story and sensationalized it.

So forgive me if I take the claims of Bin Laden's statement with a bit fo skepticism.

2) After reading the Reuter's news article, it sounds like the statement came from an Afghanistan newspaper which has a reputation for "sensational" news writing.

Quote:
``The terrorist act is the action of some American group. I have nothing to do with it,'' the newspaper Khabrain quoted bin Laden as saying through ``sources close to the Taliban.''

The Urdu-language newspaper has a reputation for sensational reporting and there was no independent confirmation of the claim
I don't yet know who is responsible, but I am confident that a full investigation will eventually sort this whole thing out.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 09-12-2001, 10:40 AM   #6
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Whilst on the subject on bin Laden here's a 1998 article on him that people may find interesting:

http://msnbc.com/news/190144.asp

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 09-12-2001, 10:43 AM   #7
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Scuse' me for being a dum dum, but who is bin Laden?

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 10:49 AM   #8
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Osama bin Laden is the guy that is the most natural suspect for the recent terrorist outrage, at least in part because he was in the frame for organising the last bombing of the World Trade Center in 1996 (I think).

Of Saudi descent and from a rich family he's a multi-millionare in his own right, and uses these funds to organise a terror network.

The link I posted above discuss's some of his origins and the involvement of the CIA in his origins.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 09-12-2001, 10:49 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Have to agree with Father Bronze here.. People that can make these terror attacks can as well lie about it too if it is in there interests..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-12-2001, 10:51 AM   #10
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

His life must be torn to pieces............ if need be......

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!