Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 05:29 PM   #91
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i am prepared to battle and win!!! (or at least not die first)

[ 07-26-2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 01:31 AM   #92
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

The doors to the Dragonslayer open to admit a stranger. Conversations quickly fade away as people notice the newcomer filling the doorway. The opening, though eight feet tall, was barely enough to let him enter without bowing his head. Floorboards creak noticeably as he steps inside. Easily weighing over 300 lbs, every inch rock-hard, his most noticeable features are his dull-brown skin, totally white eyes, and the slightly oversized canines bulging in his mouth. Wearing simple buckskin pants & vest, the weapons he carries -- a 6ft halberd in one hand, a large shield decorated with a craggy mountain scene on the other arm, and longbow across one shoulder, almost look puny by comparison.

He slowly scans the other patrons, sizing them up. [OOC - is there an elf with a halberd? That'll get an incredulous stare.] Stepping up to the bar, he asks "Games in Octagon run by one called Cerek? Where is one called Cerek?" The bartender, after giving directions to the proper arena entrance, asks "Gonna fight in the games, huh? What's your name?" The stranger pauses before turning to walk out the doorway to answer, "Bacardi will fight. Bacardi will win."

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:44 AM   #93
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

An elf dressed in dark green clothes leapt from the high up raptors and did some flips so that he landed on his feet. He quickly drew his two swords, one a finely made longsword and the other a nice short sword, and nodded to the person closest to him. Lorath had entered the Octagon for the first time in months, and it was good to be back! But for now though, he decided to sit on the sidelines for a moment and let the others flaunt themselves so that he could kill them on his own terms and time.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #94
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

*Grindall Is Sat At A Table With Moguerat Discussing Their Upcoming Event. He Gives Out A Loud Laugh.*
"These Two Are Going Down My Friend, Nothing Can Stop Us Now"
Old 07-27-2002, 01:29 PM   #95
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Cerek check PM if you haven't
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:05 PM   #96
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

as the door opens again a putrid stench fills the tavern, along with a small high pitched whine, quite noticably coming fromt he backside of the dwarf who just entered, looking embarassed Knuckles blushes and waves the smell away with his hands, then walks up to the bar and orders a flagon of gutshaker, the fermented goatsmilk (and other things most people would prefer not to know about) drink that battleragers are famous for being able to stomach, after chugging the flagon he went over to the center of the inn and belched loudly, deafening many who had not fled the inn to find somewhere less odiferous. I's will win the Battle Royalle, and woe to the fool that gets in me way.

~~editted to remove sig

[ 07-27-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #97
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Lorath jerked his head up. This was the first he had heard of any battle royale in the place... he was always a fan of those. So he quickly pushed himself off of the column he was leaning against and announced that he too would be participating in this next upcoming battle royale, though he omitted the common sentiment that he would undoubtedly win and put the others to shame, since he didn't feel that way. At least, not outwardly.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:32 PM   #98
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Caleb walked in to the Dragonslayer Inn carrying a parchment, inkpot, and feather.

"I have a announcement to make. We all know im going to win this so why dont you all put your signatures on this parchment and tell Cerek that you forfeit. No point for you to lose the few teeth you have left."
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:24 PM   #99
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Lorath carefully positioned himself behind the raving idiot that had just entered with the parchment and readied his short sword for a strike to get him to shut up...
Old 07-27-2002, 10:07 PM   #100
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow....it's great to see some former members return and a special Welcome to VulcanRider.

The "roster" for the Battle Royal is already set. Our 10 most active fighters have been selected to fight in this battle as a reward for their participation. They have also been granted a magic item of their choice to complete their reward.

Unfortunately, "new" additions are not eligible for the current Battle Royal because I've already started preparations for the fight.

Almost all players have chosen their magic item and about half have sent their tactics.

I still need tactics from Morgan and Mortilas

Encard and Knuckles need to choose an item and send their tactics.

And I haven't heard from Deathkiller or Meegosh at all.

One note to Grindall, Lorath, and Bacardi (and any other new members that join) - - You will not be eligible for magical items until you have fought in the Octagon 3 TIMES! Grindall does have one fight from long ago...so he only needs two more. Everybody else will have to complete the required 3 fights before visiting the TREASURE ROOM

One last note to everybody.....

PLEASE "TURN OFF" YOUR SIGS IN THIS THREAD!

Thanks. Anybody with questions about the Octagon can reach me through PM or IM.

[ 07-27-2002, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote