Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-22-2001, 06:00 PM   #1
Gibdog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My group is progressing through third level/fourth level and not knowing anything about it, I was wondering if I could receive insight as to the benefits of multi-classing and if/when I should do it. What does one gain? Thanks.
Gibdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 06:08 PM   #2
Istaron
Banned User

It is caled DUAL-classing

Well, what you gain is that you party-members become two-in-one guys. A mage that can use longbows, a fighter that may backstab, a thief with the ability to heal ect...

------------------
All hail The Wizard!
Istaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 06:16 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Mages still can't wear armour though. Also, the 2nd class level has to EXCEED the 1st class to get th old abilities back

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html
Old 06-22-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

About the multi-class, It's a little different than Dual-Classing.. In Dual-Classing, The character quits at a certain level that you choose, then works in the next Choice of character. Multi-class, works on both of the classes at the same time

Choco, I like it....alot
Pain-Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 03:19 AM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

I thought you couldn't multi-classing when the game has started. You must create a multi-classed character or not have multi at all
Istaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 11:53 AM   #6
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

i hear lots of stuff about dualing imoen with a mage accept shes already level 7 and she'll only be able to be a level 2/3 considering the 161000 exp. cap. SSSSSO, oh well. Suggestions?What did you do?
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 06:35 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

I dont like dual-classing, due to the new exp having to be higher than the old,meaning current abilities are lost for a long time.

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:43 PM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by ---Phat--Assassin---:
i hear lots of stuff about dualing imoen with a mage accept shes already level 7 and she'll only be able to be a level 2/3 considering the 161000 exp. cap. SSSSSO, oh well. Suggestions?What did you do?
I dualled her at level 5. She kicks major butt now.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:26 AM   #9
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Imoen is a "natural" for dualling it has to be said, though only getting one weapons slot is a major pain.

One combination I've dualled quite successfully before now is fighter/thief. Get the hit points and strength bonus's for the fighter (if you have 18 strength or use a potion) and then have the low exp needed to get your weapons skills back with a mighty back stab abiltiy when needed with the simple addition of a strength potion... hehehe

Not so good for BG2 though, I have to admit!

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Billikins the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:03 AM   #10
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I don't really like the Dual Classing myself, it doesn't really seem that much different from multi classing and you have to gain a level higher than the previous class before you get the abilities. I suppose it'd lead to higher HP in the end but is it really worth it? Wouldn't Multi-Classing be more useful especially since you gain the abilities of the non-human races (infravision namely)?

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote