Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ironworks Forum Second Dragonkin area Open for testing! Also tweaked the first boss a bit!

Go log in and check it out, in the Dragonkin Halls, I have changed Raga a bit, and opened the second of 10 areas. Not all will open one at a time, I just wanna get a rough idea of the powers these Dragons have...

Let me know how the second Boss 'feels'.. too hard, or too easy. Each should be challenging, but not TOO hard as to make you want to give up, and not to easy, as to go grind through there in 20 seconds

Have fun! The second Dragon Boss also drops a REALLY nice item too! (Each boss will drop a special random selection of their own items from their own 'pool') so killing the same Dragon will probably earn you different loot until you have collected all of the pool.. etc..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: Second Dragonkin area Open for testing! Also tweaked the first boss a bit!

Thanks for the invite.

I did go have a look.

My guess is that Raga is tweaked downward, perhaps in AC or fortitude. He went down to a Dev Crit after less than 2 minute but was already badly injured by then.

I think I preferred the original lethal version. Any Dragon with armour like that should be dangerous to high level solos and to parties.

Sorry about Blightmane. He lasted about 30 seconds! The item he drops is nice and is going to make everyone rethink their armour strategies.

BTW, hell of an atmosphere in that room, had me jumping at shadows. Nice one.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Second Dragonkin area Open for testing! Also tweaked the first boss a bit!

Yeah, I figured I nerfed them too much.. I did just lower their AC and fort/will and some dex/str

Will boost them up a wee bit, and hope we find a balance eh?
Next update tonight!

Halloween Quest opens tomorrow BTW! For those that remember the Egg quest, you will LOVE this one! Where would a halloween quest take you? Hmmmmm?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Yep, Raga is now too easy for anyone with AB (geared up) of 70ish (and I have several of those), Blightmane more so, he lasted about 30 seconds with a non-Dev Critter (admittedly his standard crits of 200+ give any dragon something to think about).

I'll send in the kobold for a test run and see what he thinks, but suspect that they need to go up a little from there.

Ung has been in, with unbuffed AB of +64 and dex based (so he's a small damage dealer), he can take Raga in about 10 minutes (but has no difficuilty hitting him, just sore arms after a while) and Blightmane in about 3. So Raga is probably fine against most, maybe a tiny tweak upwards, BM could definitely do with being upped...and he couldn't touch the kobold (although with an AC of 100 that may not be the dragon's fault).

p.s. love the gear (but had the same drop twice so far)

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.

Last edited by Unglaublich Verwustung; 11-11-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have tweaked them a bit---be careful now.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Much better, about spot on I think - challenging for AC 80, AB 71 solo, would be easier with party but not by much so all is good now.

Still only getting the same drop each time, nice as they are

Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have the drops locked until the entire Dragonkin Dungeon is open--something to look forward to, ya know? I plan for up to 5 random drops of each of their sets per Dragon. Should be fun!

Also working on the other Dunegons.. You'll love them too!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

All is going good so far then, anticipation is building

Old 11-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Definitely back to lethal.

Raga wiped out a lvl 40 Weaponmaster without breaking sweat.

Anyone going in there will need to stock up on heal potions
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I'll be sure to start working on my rather pathetic characters to provide a little backup for those legions going after the dragons. I still say there should be a dragonslayer NPC somewhere we should have to deal with - perhaps an anti-quest, meaning we have to actually FIGHT him in order to save a dragon or two? If nothing else, it would make for an interesting change...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote