Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 12:19 PM   #61
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ahhh, I guess it means 'piss your pants'????? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well ahhhh thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 12:22 PM   #62
Melusine
Dracolisk

What a nice idea Absynthe! [img]smile.gif[/img] And right back at you, I value your presence on this forum a lot! Funny, I saw a PM from you the other day that dated back from 2002 (no wonder people complain my inbox is always full! ). Thanks for this thread, cool idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, while there's simply no way I could thank ever..bla bla bla etc, there's some people to thank here.

First there's Fred, Donut son of Donut, who's been a member here for nearly five years and whose fantastically sharp and funny personality, spot-on posts, hilarious subtitles and genuineness I already miss very much, and will miss more.

Then there's the inimitable Moiraine, who has got to be the nicest member ever - genuinely caring, sweet, incredibly generous, wise and empathic.

Thanks Groj and Vasky for being such cool co-admins and friends, and for all the great laughs you gave me.

Aaron for being so hot (or that's what you want to hear anyway). For all the great chats and the friendship, and just for being so cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The mods (Mouse, Sazerac, Memnoch and Cloudy) for helping me some years back and for being good at their jobs as well as being cool people.

The Collective - you are good friends and I'm really looking forward to seeing you lot again soon!

LadyZekke for kicking butt!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] And for her wonderful glittery personality and something else too, which I shall not name but for which I'm very grateful. And this is also a thanks to all those people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aelia, for having the ability to make incredibly to-the-point and concise posts in debates to which I find myself nodding in agreement and not posting because she's said all I wanted to say.

In short, I'm really thankful for all the people who have brought intelligence, depth of character, true humour, idiosyncracy and life to this forum, and who for me kept it from being a spam-and-teen-angst ridden chaos I'd only want to flee from.

Oh and by the way, I'd "THANK" everybody not to turn this thread into yet another slowchat/spam monster. There's about a zillion other places for that, and it's really very disappointing to have nothing but off-topic posts that add nothing to a thread when you expect to find people actually replying to the opening post.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:29 PM   #63
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, im sorry for that, I suppose it was me who started it, so i will stop.
I think I have thanked everyone I can without actually naming every member.
But there is someone that I have forgotten, who is very important...

CHOC!!!! How could we forget you?
Well, once again thanks Ziroc for this place, and as T-D-C said, a very big thank you to all of you who donate
Old 12-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #64
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Awwwww, well aint this just a big ol' sweaty communal love-fest. I'm not sure whether I'm going to laugh, cry, or vomit violently all over my keyboard.

Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone on IW that I've gotten to 'know' well enough to warrant referring to them on a first name basis.

Cheers to Sarah, Phoenix, Maarten, Lajos, Alex, Melanie, Barry, Laura, Charlie, Mario, Hugh, Johnny to name a few...

Also, massif props to other online associates whom I've really come to respect:
Timber Loftis, Aerich,Davros, Wellard, Cerek, Ladyzekke, Ilander, Jorath, Moiraine, Mouse, Donut etc. I don't want to turn this into a popularity contest, so maybe I shouldnt have singled out people to begin with. But anyway, those I respect and admire will probably get a feel for such over time and rapport regardless of open recognition... right on.

And thanks a heap to Dan/Ziroc for getting IW off the ground and keeping it afloat. Great stuff! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And cheers to Absynthe for starting this collective lovey, feel-good monstrosity.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:41 PM   #65
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:

And cheers to Absynthe for starting this collective lovey, feel-good monstrosity. [/QB]
I'm all about feeling a good monstrosity now and again...

Old 12-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #66
SomeGuy
Unicorn

LadyZ- For just being the great gal she is.
Cloudbringer-For hiring me in the cafe [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell-For being such an awesome friend
Jaradu-For those hilarious MSN chats
Ilander-For helping me with my math homework
/)eathkiller-Oh God man, you've done so much. I can't possibly list it all
Skydracgrrl-For being such a great older sister
Encard-For introducing me to great bands. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane-For just being the apathetic bastard you are.
Reeka-For being one of the sweetest women I know
T\-\alali-For giving me a fellow christian to talk to when Im having problems
Chris of the Dale-You crazy canadian you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ziroc-For giving us such an awesome place. [img]smile.gif[/img] We all love you man!
Everyone on IW-For making this place so warm and welcoming

There are so many reasons I want to thank you all. You've all been so great to me in the past few years I've been with you guys, I don't know where I'd be without you all. Thank you
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #67
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:

Z
Maybe I have not been paying attention, but isn't he australian?
Old 12-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #68
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Man, where to start...

Thanks to the guys that write the funny, sarcastic, cynical posts; that'd be Aaron, Vask, Johnny, Dave, Groj, and several others I'm sure I've missed. I always like to swing by IW if only to read what you guys have to say.

I always like to see posts by Donut, Davros and Barry, too. Jorath, Djinn, Link, Legolas, and Nanobyte are also cool. I appreciate Timber taking five to help me with my possible law studies, too. I haven't seen Sir Regin in ages, but he's a really good bloke as well.

Much love goes out to the ladies of the forum, namely Madame Sedai, LadyZ, Reeka, and Aelia. Illumina gets the biggest mention of all though, for being such a great friend and source of ceaseless amusement and coolness.

Now that that's out of the way, I feel all warm and fuzzy... I'd insist on a group hug if I wasn't so damn heterosexual.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:31 PM   #69
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:

Z
Maybe I have not been paying attention, but isn't he australian? [/QUOTE]Nope, he's Canadian. He likes guns too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #70
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Before i forget i'd like to thank the Lord of Alcohol for sending me edible underpants when i wasn't doing so well financially, they were of great help. Especially the stained ones were very good. Was that Nacho cheese flavour btw, up until today i haven't figured that out.