Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-16-2000, 12:03 AM   #1
Gideon

Thanks a lot! I got it (with your help). Although there seems to be this irritiating bug in which the column is raised
when I try to go back up (after I raise anaphus). The column seems stuck and won't come back down... Ah well guess I will just reload my save and set a Portal spell by Kerah and go raise Anaphus again! Thanks.

Old 10-16-2000, 06:44 AM   #2
Gideon

Well I have the monkey statue (I placed it on the monkey alter). I also have the ashes which I placed on the big altar and I also have this relic of Isis (which I have tried placing everywhere and have not found a use for it yet).
So I know I have to get something from the room where I talk to Kerah to redirect the light and then move the little pillars around to get the light to direct where i want it to go. I also found two little switches (Shaped like beetles) but when I switch them (up and down) they don't seem to do anything..So I need to find Kerah to get the thing to put on the altar where the beam of light comes but where is Kerah???

Old 10-16-2000, 10:10 AM   #3
Casper

spoiler

ok this is difficult to describe but here is my best effort. near the anephus altar there are 2 gardian statues. facing the altar move the left one you will find a switch push it up then back down(i think) the go right there you will have to kill the darkened one and find another switch. activate it. now go back to the original switch and activate and take the left passage. now you will run into a series of room with sitches activate them all this will open a room with a bunch of priest mummies( get a few firestorms ready) here is where you activate a piller to get to kerah. I may be off a bit on the exact activation on the switch but should get you close

Old 10-16-2000, 10:40 PM   #4
Philip

After you raise Anephas there is ANOTHER exit, so I'm not sure if the pillar stopping is a bug or not. Although it does mean that you can't visit Kerah or the Leprechaun's home again unless you cast Create Portal past the pillar.

Old 10-17-2000, 12:17 AM   #5
Gideon

Actually I went thru it again and cast a portal by Kerah and the Pillar was stuck again when i finished raising Anephas! This a DEFINITE bonafide bad bug! I have seen others complain about it.. I notcied some roaches and a few rats were stuck thier bodies halfway hanging out of the pillar so i started hacking at them thinking the pilar was stuck because of them(who knows?) and the game completely locked up on me.. Could not even ctl-alt-del.. had to manually hit the reset button of my comp..The ONLY time in the game so far that it has locked up on me-yep a definite bug! I had set a portal up by Kerah and tried to cast teleport but it says "Spell fizzled!" so the portal spell does not work in that area! I will have to find a different work araound.. When I first went back down after getting the Light reflector thingy the pillar was going up and down like it should. Perhaps if I grap the Kerah Statuette off the alter the minute the pillar is all the was down then it will stop in the down position and hopefully if i put it back then the pillar shoul go back up again - that MAY be a work around... Where is the other exit you were referring to? Does it lead to the 2nd sea or can one get to the teleporter or get to the Evil Pharoahs tomb? If not then that won't do. I will hold off on raising anephas and finish the 2nd sea area then go back and try again...

Hmm.. what about setting the Portal in the 2nd sea OUTSIDE of Kerahs area.. say somewhere in the middle of the 2nd sea and then going back out (to the entrance or somewhere OUTSIDE the tomb) and casting portal? Will have to experiment i guess.

Old 10-17-2000, 12:46 AM   #6
Philip

The point is that whether or not it is a bug, the pillar freezing in place is not game stopping. You might miss the leprechaun's treasure, but it's not a big deal.

Old 10-17-2000, 02:22 AM   #7
Gideon

Found the other exit (Its after the area past where the colum comes loose and falls from the ceiling). Went up the elavator thingy and killed blackbeard. I COULD teleport to the area where Kerah is. UNFORTUNATELY when I swim down to switch the underwater lever that Raises lowers the column the column was STILL stuck.. The surface area (aobe water-Where Kerah is) is sealed off so I was just stuck there. The only thing of interest there anywayis the Leprecauhns treasure (which has the COOLIST rapier "Robin Sword"--bet I can enchant it too!). Also Kerah was NOT there after I raised Anaphus went outside and casted my teleport spell--the temple was empty! So I conclude that it is NOT a bug that the column is raised considering you can't get it to move from EITHER side. So to ALL the FIRST time you visit Kerah swim to the surface, go on land and find the Leprecahns treasure and get the Reflecting obelisk from the portal the FIRST time. 'Cause after you go back you probabably WON'T be able to get back to Kerah (besides shes not there!). I imagine you first have to get the Tablets and go back and talk to Anephus before the column will aloow access again. Can anyone confirm this? I think the flag that locks the column (after going back down)is leaving there with the reflecting obelisk (but i could be wrong).