Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Or, if that's kinda drastic, recomend some party ideas!

Basically, I go pretty crazy with multiclassing my characters, but I tend to re-use builds very often. So, why don't you people fire off some ideas at me? I'm looking for very unique builds. I'll use the characters that I find most appealing to my warped, high-on-air mind. If you win, you get...well... I'll recomend the class to people when they ask for party help

Ok, the guidlines:

1. I'm looking for 3-5 character ideas. I will probably still use my personal fav, the drow ranger/rogue/pally/mage, as the 4th or 6th member.
2. Nothing stupid, like a dwarf theif. Try to make the character have a practical use. I'm looking for good unique, not stupid unique.
3. You can recomend single class characters, but I really want a nice, complex MC.
4. The higher ECL the better. Xp penalties of 20% hurt you, but I still might use it if the class is cool enough.
5. I'm hoping to go HoF on this party, so I'd like a nice idea for an uber-AC tank.
6. Spellcasters rock.

Thanks in advance, and may the best ideas win!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Aasamir Fighter 4/Sorcerer 5/Paladin 21.

Buff up, throw some armor on, get into melee!

Dwarf Bard 13/Barbarian 13/Fighter 4

With extended song, you'll be regenerating while you rage and cleave enemies in two. Don't even try to get your CHA high enough to cast spells.

BTW, sorry if these are too simple. I'm kinda new to this!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

You can check this thread for some ideas, courtesy of silverdragon. The good stuff starts about midway down the page.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Wow Aerich, that thread is pretty damn awesome! Thanks! I'll definitely refer to it. I'll probably make one of those deep gnome decoy-type guys.

Krunchy, I kinda like the second idea, especially since having a bard will help out my decoy's AC once I get War Chant.

Lineup thus far (subject to change, though I kinda like them)

1. Deep Decoy
Deep gnome monk/dreadmaster/mage

2. Tiny Tuney
Dwarf bard/barbarian/fighter (may tweak race or class balance, but I'll keep the idea)
EDIT: I'm not sure if I want to have two tanks, especially if one is going to aquire 72+ AC. This guy will probably fall behind in the late game, especially if I don't give him CHA. I'm considering switching him for a bard/sorcerer.

3. Teh P\/\/nzor
Drow ranger/paladin/rogue/mage

I'm still looking for a few more ownage guys! Thanks so far!

[ 11-06-2005, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Old 11-06-2005, 07:53 AM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I think I'm ready to begin. There really aren't that many interesting builds for nukers, and I don't need any more melee capability. The party, as of now, will be:

Serpenius
Deep gnome monk1/cojurer12/dreadmasterX

Darius
Human Bard11/SorcererX

Grianne
Aasimar Paladin2/SorcererX

Tar'la'xal (pathetic attempt at badass drow name)
Drow ranger1/rogue1/paladin2/mageX

Lyanna
Aasimar Druid12/LathanderiteX

Rixnor
Drow Sorcerer

I wind up with 4 people who can tank in non-HoF, which converts to a single, invincible tank and 5 nukers in HoF. Not bad.

Thanks for your help in creation ideas!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #6
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

I kno you'll kill me for this, but how 'bout a druid/wizard?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Why would I kill you for that? I actually considered that build (a druid12/wizard 18 for barkskin and all of the wizard spells), but I opted instead for the above classes. I tend to expect my priests to carry their weight in a melee, and a wizard/druid would probably lack in combat stats due to a need for both INT and WIS.