Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-25-2001, 12:54 PM   #41
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
At the risk of getting myself in trouble, though I hold out some hope that the risk is faint, I seem to recall this being a practice frowned upon... Has there been a change, or am I being seditious?
Absynthe! LOL.. this is an OLD JOKE! They know it's ok as it's among friends who are fully aware they are joking with each other. Just take this lovely day old trout and whack yourself with it.. you'll be fine..

Cloudy.. in a silly mood today!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-25-2001, 01:01 PM   #42
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Edit: Just realized that, though I know who Knobbykins is, I'm still not clear on the Melusorick combo. Is it just one of you or do two of you share this nom de plume?

And yet it is not that hard to figure out, isn't it, my esteemed other half? No, indeed...*cackles insanely*

------------------

Boo yah!!
Old 10-25-2001, 01:02 PM   #43
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Phone book..HAHAHA...Maturest.. LOL.. can I get that to go? I love take out!

Cloudy

So when I sign on as Freakin_Idiot_The_Aussie, that is going to be just fine with everyone, and very amusing, yes?

I'm assuming it won't contravene any forum rules, either regarding dual accounts or appropriate behaviour?? (If it did, Yorick would have been called on it already by the mods, right?)

Just checking, is all.

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #44
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I think it has something to do with these two (edit: or 3, I'm still not quite sure) here are just joking with each other and have done so for quite some time. Most everyone knows who they really are and no harm is intended. I may be wrong about this, but, when Rikard made fun of someone, it didn't have the intended effect - it ticked off his target and made a big ugly scene. And these two aren't harrassing or making fun of anyone in anger, only 'funnin'. The others who have made dupes were trying to get back on the board after being banned for outrageous behavior. I think these two (or 3) are funny.

Edit: Just realized that, though I know who Knobbykins is, I'm still not clear on the Melusorick combo. Is it just one of you or do two of you share this nomme de plume?
Um, Breanna, actually, it isn't particularly funny, especially in light of the fact that Tracey has been suspended following a copy of an email she sent to Yorick being sent to the mods by him, and he and Fljotsdale having had several run-ins lately. This is flame baiting, pure and simple - Fljotsdale and Tracey are both 'Pommies'.

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 01:16 PM   #45
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

SC, I removed my previous post. I don't want to be in the middle of any arguments here. Could you please remove the quote from your post. I'm just going to go hide in the corner now. I'll remove this in a bit, once you've seen it.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:18 PM   #46
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Um, Breanna, actually, it isn't particularly funny, especially in light of the fact that Tracey has been suspended following a copy of an email she sent to Yorick being sent to the mods by him, and he and Fljotsdale having had several run-ins lately. This is flame baiting, pure and simple - Fljotsdale and Tracey are both 'Pommies'.

Silver, I don't know at all what happened between Yorick and Tracey/Fljotsdale, but I can assure you that Knobhead the Pommie is a very old joke, Yorick's had the name for a couple of months and it was never meant to be insulting. It is definitely not directed at F or Tracey.
This is how Yorick got the name. Bruce the Aussie, another member of IW, turned out not to be from Australia at all, but from England: he'd chosen the name simply because he liked it. Yorick, as a joke, made an account with the username Knobhead the Pommie, and under the header "Where are you from" he filled in "certainly not in England"

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-25-2001, 01:23 PM   #47
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Silver, I don't know at all what happened between Yorick and Tracey/Fljotsdale, but I can assure you that Knobhead the Pommie is a very old joke, Yorick's had the name for a couple of months and it was never meant to be insulting. It is definitely not directed at F or Tracey.
This is how Yorick got the name. Bruce the Aussie, another member of IW, turned out not to be from Australia at all, but from England: he'd chosen the name simply because he liked it. Yorick, as a joke, made an account with the username Knobhead the Pommie, and under the header "Where are you from" he filled in "certainly not in England"

Thanks for the info, Melusine. Threw my question in earlier because I didn't know what was what. Now I do.

Old 10-25-2001, 01:35 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

So when I sign on as Freakin_Idiot_The_Aussie, that is going to be just fine with everyone, and very amusing, yes?

I'm assuming it won't contravene any forum rules, either regarding dual accounts or appropriate behaviour?? (If it did, Yorick would have been called on it already by the mods, right?)

Just checking, is all.

(oh and to your other answer to DM.. I just didn't cute/paste it)

Sorry, SC- this is a months old thing that I didn't see having anything to do with current events. I didn't even KNOW the names had any special meaning when I first saw them teasing each other on the old board . To Knob and Bruce it was a running gag- they never posted hate-messages or the like.

So it seemed harmless enough. If you see more to it, by all means email the parties involved and ask what is meant! fwiw.. I personally never associated anyone with it but these two.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-25-2001, 01:38 PM   #49
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

Sorry, SC- this is a months old thing that I didn't see having anything to do with current events. I didn't even KNOW the names had any special meaning when I first saw them teasing each other on the old board . To Knob and Bruce it was a running gag- they never posted hate-messages or the like.

So it seemed harmless enough. If you see more to it, by all means email the parties involved and ask what is meant! fwiw.. I personally never associated anyone with it but these two.

Cloudy

That's what I said too, if you scroll up a bit and read my post, but when Fljotsdale posted after me and didn't acknowledge it, I'm starting to think they may still think it is meant to insult her? If that's the case, Fljotsdale, please, let me assure you again that Yorick's had the name for ages and it has always been just a goodnatured joke between him and Bruce, nothing more.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-25-2001, 01:43 PM   #50
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Quote:

Just checking, is all.

Cloudy

Melusine and Cloudy - thanks for the clarification. I hadn't seem the name before. Given current events, it seems somewhat tactless of Yorick to put up messages using this account name at this particular moment in time. But whatever. I'll leave it at that.

Just to clarify - so it is okay for us to have two or more accounts, then?? Great!! Because I would quite like another account myself, just for fun!

------------------