Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 10:08 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

if people want to leave, just respect their opinions and don't you lose any sleep over it. there is nothing to be worried (or feel sad) about

good luck, cloudy, and ocme back soon
over them.
Well,sorry if I have feelings mate... But the "oldies" are my friends, alot of them. I don´t like loosing friends. Do you?

For part two, I agree.

I think that we two look upon things abit differently..

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-22-2001, 10:21 AM   #12
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Don't be silly Avatar Of course you haven't. You're a great addition to the board mate!

But why are they all going? Thanks anyway.
I think want to know what IW was like before...
Old 10-22-2001, 10:25 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well,sorry if I have feelings mate... But the "oldies" are my friends, alot of them. I don´t like loosing friends. Do you?

For part two, I agree.

I think that we two look upon things abit differently..
Well, maybe I'm a bit selfish here, 'cause I want EVERYONE to stay. *pout*

Please don't leave over what is temporary. If one person in particular hurt your feelings, easy enough to ignore the posts of that person. Hopefully, the strong feelings brought to the surface due to this war will subside and we can get more-or-less back to normal soon.

Edit due to lack of complete sentence.
------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 11:05 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

the wheel turns and times change
no truly imagined what we really faced
hard it may be, sad it may show
this board will always change, this i know

so many lost, so many hurt
so many left, yet some still lurk
yet do not think of all the bad, it may be worse
you may not have even seen this board, or never would have first

many still come, many are new
let them post, let the board be renewed
with the spirit and laughter, joy and pleasure
things looking forward too

those gone may or may not come back
its thier choice, thats a fact

yet we shall always wait
yet we can do nothing but pray
and hope they may
come back someday and someway

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-22-2001, 11:33 AM   #15
Rikard

great Zor

------------------

Old 10-22-2001, 11:50 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm spamming here, but I don't want to type the same stuff all over again, so I'll cut and paste as this is important. Please take the time to read it.

It's very upsetting to see valued people and close friends like Cloudy and slackerboy feel like they have to leave here (even for a while) because of upsetting opinions posted in the War on Terrorism forum. People DO have a right to post their opinion, though unfortunately some people take this to mean that they can disrespect or brush off other people's opinions in posting their own. People from ALL sides here have been upset by this. We don't have a rule against that, unfortunately, but I wish that people would show the same consideration for other people and their opinions here as they do in real life.

People, PLEASE do your best and try not to take some threads so personally. I know it's difficult when you feel people are being rude or unreasonable to you, but try at least. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting you down! We all have enough stresses in our lives right now to get stressed about something someone else said about your country, viewpoint or whatever. Just remember that people's opinions are just that - opinions! In many cases these are coloured by their own personal life and geographic experiences, which may be different to your own, so don't take it personally if they disagree with you. I have made myself IMMUNE to the many divergent opinions that people post here on the forum, because I have my own and am confident in my own thought processes. Nothing someone else says will get me down - I won't allow that to happen.

Remember, sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you unless you let them.

TRY not to take things personally here. I realize this is not as easy as it sounds, but if you think about it YOU are in control of your emotions. From my perspective, it's all about self-control and discipline. (This is NOT meant as a criticism of anyone.)

Having said all that, I realize that people have feelings too. A little courtesy and consideration from everyone would really go a long way.

SELF-CONTROL, DISCIPLINE, and MUTUAL SELF-RESPECT. Is this so difficult? Maybe we all need to take a step back, stop being so righteous, singleminded, unwilling to listen to another perspective without shooting it down (and there ARE ways of shooting people's opinions down without flaming). Just because you are not flaming does not mean that you are treating the other person with respect. Maybe it would help to at least acknowledge that the other person has a valid point of view? Maybe a simple sentence like "I acknowledge and respect your right to have your opinion" at the start of each post? That's being considerate, isn't it?

With the number of posts I've had to read...the number of arguments I've had to cool down...the number of times I've had to bite my tongue and discipline myself not to react angrily to opinions that I see posted on the forum that may differ from my own...the number of times I've had to remind myself that people have a right to have an opinion that differs from my own...the number of times that I've had to make hard decisions that I know will be unpopular with someone...it's the only way I've managed to keep my sanity and still get up from my PC with a smile at the end of the day.

I won't lie to you, the thought of packing it all in and riding off into the sunset has crossed my mind once or twice in the last month or so. I have a very busy, stressful RL job, my girlfriend is overseas and don't really need all this sh!te during my leisure time. But those are MY problems, not yours. But I do love you all, I love Ironworks and I am DETERMINED to make this place into the place that we all knew, the place where people could live harmoniously and post their opinions and not be pounded into the ground for it.

Please remember, the world won't end tomorrow if the other person doesn't agree with you or posts something you don't like. YOU are in control of how you feel. If you need to take a break, do so by all means. But don't put yourself through hurt and stress when you don't have to. Life's to short to get upset about little things like someone else's opinion.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 12:16 PM   #17
Moni

Hey, you know I took a lot of crap for a long time before I decided to give this place a break.
Some of you may not agree with me, but then you have your reasons.
The point is, when people can't take anymore personal attacks, they go.

Others will choose to leave because their word is not as written in stone as they think it should be.

Others will simply find other things to do, get bored of hanging out here, get swamped with personal responsibilities, etc. and they too, will be gone.

Take the advice that everyone has been handing out and don't participate in threads where you disagree with the content. We are humans, of free will and allowed our opinions. Just because you can't change someone to your way of thinking does not mean they are trying to best you. They just think differently about it is all.

I have seen certain personas argue for the sake of argument and upset others by belittling their stance on a number of touchy subjects.
Realize that there are some people in this world that have nothing better to do than try to make other people miserable or make them feel less than a person because someone else has to hold their personal opinions and values in a higher regard.
If you participate in this type of behaviour and it comes back and bites you in the ass, you shouldn't be surprised, I mean REALLY!
Take a break, let yourself and other people cool off and when and if you decide to come back, don't let it get to you that your tormentors are still here. You don't have to converse with them. But, if you choose to and the conversation doesn't go your way, your word ISN'T written in stone and you are longer worshipped the way you used to be, get over it:

Change is not onlyt likely, it is inevitable~Barbara Sher

What do I care what impression I make on people?
It's because we waste our lives caring about what other people think that most of us remain morons~Colin Wilson

Go ahead and let other people misinterrpret your opinion and twist it into something to agrue about because your written word is like a book and:
"A book is a mirror: if an ass peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out"~G. C. Lichtenberg

This post in no way should be considered a personal attack by me against any particular person or persons...it is opinion...my opinion regarding how people can act and react to being verbally pushed or sniped at. If anyone does take this personally, please take a step back and examine yourself before you jump on me for anything I said.

Thank you and Have a Nice Day

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-22-2001).]

Old 10-22-2001, 01:11 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you guys all rock!!!

anyone disagree? **takes out his new rocks, and piles them**
Old 10-22-2001, 01:46 PM   #19
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There have been things that have happened over the months that I could have left over. But I have found that the board is ever changing and evolving. I personally can't see getting mad or upset and leaving forever. Maybe a break, though, I try to not take things personally. I don't expect everybody to agree with me or like me. At times, my feelings have been very hurt by things that have happened here, but I guess I am not the bailing out type. BUT I am not being critical of those who do-----people are different.

I guess that is what I try to remember that people are different and we are not going to get along all the time, but I try to just avoid people I don't get along with. I'm not a confrontational person anyway.

I do hate to see anyone leave permanently.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-22-2001, 02:09 PM   #20
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Don't be silly Avatar Of course you haven't. You're a great addition to the board mate!

But why are they all going? Thanks anyway.
I think want to know what IW was like before...
You wanna know what it was like before?

It was freindly place, much mroe friendly then it is now. Not say its not friendly,but compaired to when I first came him, it makes the "new" IW seem like hell.

It was a place that no one insulted or flamed one another, at least not on a regular basses. Very little, if any, serious disscuion. It was filled with great people like Cloudy,Moni,Rudedawg,Slackerboy,Wolfie, the list gose on. It was filled with friendly conversation, people helping people. It was filled with respective points of view.

It was a place where threads could be started that wear fun. That wear creative, and no one cared.

It was a bored where people could post freely. A fourm where people could say somthing and another person wouldnt jump in and say "Thats offensive".

At least thats how I rember it.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!