Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-22-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

I'm trying to install my legal, bought copy of H&D2, (bought from a friend, shortly before he went to Iraq... I will take pics of me holdign the CDs if you don't believe me; and I'm rpetty sure this doesn't count as piracy, but if it does, I'm sorry mods ; ; ), but on the 3rd installation disc, a scratch (i believe,) is preventing a certain file, inside Data3.cab, called IntroAlps.bik (and maybe IntroAlps.bik2; I'm not sure) from being read/installed.

Is there a way I can install the game (it stops at about 99 and sometimes 100% because of this) and/or fix this file? Or, if it's legal, can I get this from someone?

thanks, and again, I'm sorry if this counts as piracy. >.>
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

have you tried cleaning your disk? or buffing it with a cd buffer?
have you tried copying the files off the cd to your hard drive and then installing from there? what happens when you do that?

V***V
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 AM   #3
cav_again
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
have you tried cleaning your disk? or buffing it with a cd buffer?
have you tried copying the files off the cd to your hard drive and then installing from there? what happens when you do that?

V***V
yup. yup. yup. Still get an error on that same damn file. =/

trust me, I've tried everything with this game; can't get teh disc to work.
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote