Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
One-Eyed Jack

CURRENT POLL:

Would you add customizations to your game? Or play with the original ones? Do customizations unbalance the game, reducing the replay value? Feel free to post your opinion!

Old 01-08-2001, 03:18 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

hehe my game is so littered with custom items that half the time it crashes becuase one of them is failing........
But still customs in my opinion are thery nice to have.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
Kuuyan Deathblade

Customs in my opinion are fun to have IF they are balanced like the other weapons.. earlier I was using Rebirth and Death sister katanas, extremely powerful, I could solo the black dragon AND red dragon at the same time with them! Talk about pretty powerful weapons. The customs DO add extra fun to the game that you couldn't get before. I am currently trying to make some ranger only items, some that would compensate for the paladin's holy weapon. I think it would be nice to have a ranger only item in every slot! I was making a quarter staff earlier that had regeneration, charmed every animal it hit, had sv vs breath weapons, glowed, had chances on hit to cast certain spells like entangle, insect plague, 1d10+5 magic weapon.. Would be pretty useful and just as good as the paladin weapon. It would bring out the ranger instead of him bieng a weak fighter with useless spells. Allowing rangers to get more spells, and eventually be able to shapeshift like the druids can would also be nice for all you kit makers out there. If anyone decides to use these ideas, please, feel free, but please, mail them to me! I need them!

Old 01-08-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
Jon the Hell Caster

hey an example for a balanced item is here in the items section. I tried out the Bloodstone and first I thought "This item is so cheap, its to powerfull." but then after holding it for a minute my main character became diseased his charisma dropped 2 points and after two minutes the whole party became poisoned! Now since I made it to have those curses I also added one last touch, the only way to drop it is with a level 18 cleric remove curse spell.

Old 01-08-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
Kuuyan Deathblade

Jon, I had JUST downloaded that item, and now that you say that.. I don't think I want to use it anymore! Haha! Very balanced item in turn.. did you use the item maker with Infinity Engine Editor to make that item?

Old 01-08-2001, 03:47 PM   #6
Jon the Hell Caster

yep I used item maker, Kuuyan Deathblade if you picked it up its already to late, the curse is on you!

Old 01-08-2001, 03:55 PM   #7
Kuuyan Deathblade

Hehe, didn't realize it was cursed till after I put it on! Nice item BTW

Old 01-08-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Jon the Hell Caster

Kuuyan 1,2,3, the time is running out before the curse will get you! Oh well still you can now cast almost all Necromantic spells

Old 01-08-2001, 04:02 PM   #9
Kuuyan Deathblade

The items great till you get poisoned . Useful ONLY if used by the temple or associated cleric!

Old 01-08-2001, 05:38 PM   #10
Jon the Hell Caster

hehe did the curse get you yet? Or did you succed in removing it? Also the posion and disease are pretty nasty damage