Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2003, 05:24 AM   #1
Steve McDonald
The Magister

I am not a programmer - I have no idea how to compile a GPDL program. However I keep hearing about the possibility of simulating conversations using keywords. The closest we had in FRUA and DC is the "password" event. I wonder whether it would be possible to expand the password event so that multiple passwords could be recognised - each giving rise to a separate event? I have a feeling this idea may have been raised before. There may be other events that can be incorporated into the DC framework too, based on the GPDL possiblities - so us non-programmers can use them.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

i'll be the first to admit that i'm a little nervous about using gpdl. i think that with some pre-made parts and some good examples though, it's not too bad. there are some things that you need it for (like emulating conversations) but there is a ton of stuff you can do without it as well.

i'm off to check out the most recent notes on gpdl. (and i'm still hoping someone does a tutorial. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]

-manikus