Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2000, 12:16 AM   #1
Adhrael

Well, about the party (I suppose you´re playing as good or neutral) that is exactly the party I usually use. However, if you want more ranged weapons, you should kill Minsc (you can´t throw him cause Dynaheir leaves) and take Kivan, in High Edge.

About the portraits, sorry but I don´t know any way to change them.

About dropping NPCs over there , yes, they stay here till you come back IF you have the correct reputation (low for a bad NPC, high for a good one), except for Imoen that always will wait for you whatever your reputation is.

TotSC is great,if you have money I strongly recommend you to buy it cause you won´t regret it. And finally I haven´t still played BG2 (only a week more, only a week more, RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASK!!!!!!!!)

Old 11-09-2000, 12:34 AM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

Are there any highly reccommended NPCs that I should get ahold of in BG? Right now I've got Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, and Dynaheir and like them alot for the most part. Should I keep any of them permantly or are their other good/better ones to pick up. Also, this may sound dumb, but if you drop a character(s) from your party, will they still be in the area you left them if you want to pick them up again later on, or are they gone forever/will you have to search all over the Sword Coast for them again.

Also, is there any way to change the portraits of NPCs in BG? Possibly by using the 'Override' folder?

Finally, what is TotSC about? Would I miss alot of storyline if I once I finish BG, I go straight to BG2 without buying the BG addon TotSC?

Wrong forum for this one I would guess, but how does BG2 stand up to IWD graphically? I mean, IWD's screens are very well done and way better than BG's. It's actually sort of disappointing now to be now playing BG while I'm already over halfway through IWD.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2000, 04:51 AM   #3
DaPoo

I don't think missing totsc will make you miss any major story lines, but the quests are really a step up from bg and I would definitely recommend you get a hold of it I just finished totsc and it rox.
Old 11-10-2000, 03:37 PM   #4
Khanar Tor'vel

Thanks guys. I'll just keep my goody-two-shoes party for now I guess.

I'll have to look into TotSC I think...
Old 11-15-2000, 10:01 PM   #5
fool

Dont forget the Dark TotSC put out by teambg (teambg.com), nothing like getting all the goodies you can (and this 1's free)
Old 11-17-2000, 12:41 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's definitely worth getting ToTSC. It's a great game in it's own right. Buy it and install it before you finish BG1, it fits in really well. Durlag's Tower is one of the coolest dungeons I've ever played for moodiness, even better for atmosphere than a most of the BG2 dungeons. And if you import from ToTSC you will start at least a level higher than if you import straight from BG1. Don't miss out of ToTSC.

BG2 graphics are great if you have a kickass system. Some spell FX are 3D but if you have major battles it will really slow the system down.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote