Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 05:30 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've returned Athkala after completing the Underdark, talked to the surface elves, and made preparations for the final battle with Bodhi.

The first thing I decided to do was remove Imoen from the party and replace her with Anomen (for the Bodhi fight only). When I removed her, she said something to the effect that she "would try to find her way to the Copper Coronet" (or at least I thought she did). But after completing Anomen's side quest, I returned just to make sure she was still there and I can't find her anywhere! Any suggestions on where she may be??

I also have a problem with the Jaheira romance (big surprise).
MINOR SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
According to all the walkthroughs I've seen, Bodhi is suppose to "capture" the main characters "love interest" before the fight even starts and "turn" them. The party will then have to kill her and return her body back to the Temple where we found Mazzy (can't think of the diety's name) to be "cleansed".

I went through the whole fight with Bodhi and NOTHING happaned with Jaheira. Bodhi made no attempt to capture or turn her.

So obviously there is a "bug" in our romance. What can I do to fix this?

Can I use Shadowkeeper to "repair the game"? Can I just go into the file itself and "reset" the Romance counter? And, Is it necessary to "fix" this and go through the Bodhi dungeon AGAIN so that I can do the whole "captured, turned, and redeemed" plot? OR, can I just "fix" it after the Bodhi fight and go on my merry way?
Old 10-02-2002, 05:34 AM   #2
Ranger Drizzt Do'Urden
Elite Waterdeep Guard

See the Walkthrough and find out this topic: Restore your lover...
Old 10-02-2002, 06:01 AM   #3
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Right, Cerek, a few pointers.

Well, first of all, it is possible you haven't really gone far enough in the Romance, Jaheira requires a lot of Subquests that sometimes happen right away, or sometimes can happen as late as Chapter 6. Bodhi only captures your Romantic Interests if you have proceded over half way through the romance. I had that problem, because I only did the Harper Quests in Chapter Six!

Or, you might be right. There may be a bug. However, my experience with Syntax and Global Variables goes only as far as "CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("idiot"). Ask Dundee Slaytern, he might know something about variables.

Sorry for the long description and good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:20 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Spoiler

To clarify:
Jaheira only get captured and turned if you have slept with her. If you haven't, then you aren't far enough in the romance.
If you have ShadowKeeper, see under 'Global Variables'. If it says:
JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE,
and a 1 or 3 behind it, she won't get captured. If it says a 2, however, then she should get captured.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:37 AM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric

Well Jaheira and I haven't "shared bedrolls" yet. Will this mess up the rest of the game, or can I just proceed to the next quest??

And does anybody know where Imoen may be hiding?

She had a BUNCH of good stuff (like the Staff of the Magi). I left it with her because I plan to dump Anomen after the Bodhi fight. I DID plan ahead and SAVED the game before adding Anomen. Do I have to go back and start over from there?
If so, I'll dump Nalia this time (even though she is 1 level higher than Imoen).

As always, all suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:19 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

AFAIK, the romance-quests will go on until you reach Suldanesselar.

As for the Imoen-thing, perhaps you meant to tell her to go to the Copper Coronet, but goofed and hit the option that reads 'You just stay right here'?
Guessing from my side, I'm not even sure if that option exists with Imoen, but perhaps you should go back to where you left her to check there.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:53 AM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric

That's the problem, Sir Exxon, I was already IN the Copper Coronet. Remember, I removed her and added Anomen.

I've searched all the way around the common room several times and can't find her. At first, I thought I might have to leave and come back, but she still wasn't there after completing Anomen's quest.

Then, after clearing out Bodhi's lair (and making a trip to the Temple District to RESTORE several levels) I go back to the Copper Coronet again.

STILL NO IMOEN!!! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Oh well, the whole Bodhi quest wasn't nearly as complicated as I expected it to be. Guess I'll just have to run a "DO OVER". {sigh}

Thanks for the advice, though. And keep those suggestions coming.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh dear... I saw two things.

Imoen + Staff of Magi

This leads to the infamous, "Oh where art thou" problem. Remember that the SoM grants Improved Invisibility. You might want to clear the Copper Coronet with a Pit Fiend, then hurl a couple fireballs randomly to make Imoen hostile, then CTRL+Q her back into the party.

Alternatively, you can try Glitterdusting the entire Copper Coronet although I have forgotten whether this works. If I am not mistaken, True Sight and Detect Invisibility will not work because Imoen is not hostile, but give it a try.

At this point, I seriously hope you did not give her the Cloak of Non-Detection, or you will need to use the Fireball method.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 02:12 PM   #9
Cerek the Barbaric

HOLY CRAP!!! I never even thought about THAT!!!

{slaps forehead repeatedly}

Er....I'll try the Glitterdust first. I have a Heroic Reputation and I don't want to ruin it.

Besides, I have an idea of where she should be, so I'll try there first.

Thanks for the tip, Dundee. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 02:18 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hence my tip on using Pit Fiends. Innocents killed by Pit Fiends( or any lesser Demons) do not penalise your reputation. Innocents hurt by your fireballs however, will.

Good luck getting her back.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote