Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
Siloquie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't get my Sorceror to cast thes properly ... even when I'm using the 9th level Chain Contingency spell, it won't let me select spells to put in it beyond 1st level!! Anyone know if this is a bug, or is my game just messed up? Help!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:01 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

well in my opinion sorcerers are horrible, but to answere your question i think your game is just messed up!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This is going to sound dumb, but have you tried clicking the arrow buttons on the screen to navigate the various levels of spells?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:29 AM   #4
Siloquie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*grin* Yes, I did try clicking the arrow buttow, it just ... well, won't take me to the second level spell area! Kinda irratating. And while Sorceror's may be dumb ... (to answer the reply above) I'm trying to play every which character class in the game, and I'm down to just Sorceror's and Monks ... I intentionally held monks for last, because otherwise, I'd be so impatient waiting for the non movment enhanced characters to crawl around the map I'd go insane.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:18 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ever tried Baldurdash bug fixes??
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:21 PM   #6
Siloquie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Baldurdash Bug fixes ... where do you find those? I tried the patch, but it didn't really help.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:18 PM   #7
Siloquie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok just for the record, I installed the offical, final patch for Baldur's Gate 2, and the Baldurdash Bug fixes (all of them). And my sorceror still can't utalize spell triggers or contingencies beyond fisrt level spells. It just won't let me click to the next spell level, period. But an NPC mage in my party has no trouble using them at all.

I also discovered that while I can use spell sequencers so long as the spells sequenced are just first level ... I can't use contingencies at all. Even if I select the spell(s) I want, from the first level catogory, it don't let me click done. So I end up just having to dispel it. Anyone have any idea what else I could do to fix this problem? It's deathly annoying.