Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 11:47 PM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I am actually posting this for a friend. I havn't done this quest yet so I couldn't help. How do you kill the Adamantite(sp) golem in windspear hills (is that even the right name?). The best weapon they have is Sarevok's sword (I know, I told them to reload before the quest and get a weapon that is worth a damn). Do you even have to kill it or can you get around it or just ignore it? You can spoil the h**l out of me, like I said it is for a friend and it will be awhile before I get there (so I will forget!) Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think you need +4 or better weapon to hurt ada. golems, such as Crom Faeyr, War Blade ...etc.
I think you can have your cleric cast santurary on him(her)self and walk to the back of the room and loot. Then run out, the entrance is too small for the big golem to follow (should he notice you), but the two small ones are easier to take care of.
Monks can also work in this case, due to his/her speed advantage, the key is careful timing pressing the "spacebar" when you reach the stash....then get the h**l out.
Old 02-01-2001, 04:02 AM   #3
Hagar

Not true. +3 Weapons will do. Buy my favorite weapon the +3 throwing Axe Azuredge, from Bernhard in the Copper Coronet(after Slaver Quest). Since it is a throwing weapon you don't come near the huge fists of the golem or his Cloudkill.
Azuredge works also fine against Stone Golems. Take these out first, because the huge Adamantite Golem is blocking the doorway. After that you only have to worry about the Clay Golems, Azuredge doesn't work against them.
How did you get past the vampires without Azuredge? Most Vampires "die" after the first hit of Azuredge.

Old 02-01-2001, 04:11 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you don't have Azureedge or a ranged +3 weapon (2h swords have long melee range) it's going to be a tedious task. Adamantite golems are affected by cloudkill wands (NOT spells) so you can do that. Like others said, use the terrain to your advantage and keep away as each hit will do about 25 pts of damage. Melf's minute meteors also work (counted as +5 weapon). It will be tedious as i said earlier.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:30 AM   #5
The Corinthian

the martial staff +3 works a treat against clay golems.Was in a fight against one in the graveyard district and all my guys were taking there time killing it.This is armed with weopons like holy avenger, daystar, heartseeker etc.Just to get the job done faster I brought in Aerie with the staff and she started dealing good damage 15-30.The golem was down in no time!
And yeah the azureedge has adamntite golems for breakfast!Did the whole dungeon thing and finished it but for firkraag and the adamantite golem, bought the azureedge out of curiosity and watched in relief-and a bit of awe-as the golem bit the dust.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:54 PM   #6
Kylle

You dont...You get him mad so he comes to door. Then you go away for a nap [he can't get out]. Then you take your thief into stealth and scoot him/her right past [TURN OFF AI! -or is it Al???] to stop by the goodies [he will be out of view now by one edge of the door]. Grab the goodies [sorry don't remember what it was] and before-hand, you would make sure of empty inventory. Put him/her back into stealth and sneak back out! Probably lose lots of experience, but this guy WOMPED me!!!

================{>SAVE OFTEN<}================