Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 06:12 PM   #31
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Duh... jid you guys see da pit cwawer fight yederdy it kills dat bad boogre grunaxe who duh... I forgots what I was saying Oh da Dr. Pick Yous Beder not Likes Golds Toos Much Or yous Go in Da cage or fight da Pit Cwawer.

Malgrim Training Mes to be a gaurd

any Ones else twying to be a guard or any ting?
Old 07-21-2001, 11:55 PM   #32
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Thought I'd share my epic misadventure with all y'all! Here goes!

Long had the Mortal Hope journeyed with his band of fellow adventurers and they neared their encounter with the evil Pharaoh Cet Ude D'ua Kahn. They had destroyed the serpent cult, liberated the spirit of the knight D'Soto from the clutches of an evil Demon, and had finally acquired the Mavin from the Great Dragon Erathsmedor. Now they journeyed to Skull Castle to continue their adventure and possibly, find a way to the Dark Lord.

They sailed for a full day from the Port City of Brimloch Roon toward the forboding structure known as Skull Castle. Upon entering, the heroes received nothing less than they expected, hordes upon hordes of the undead waited for the party. However, the forces of evil were no match for the power of the Mavin. The party journeyed forward, meeting more and more of the evil fiends, filling the halls behind them with bones and other remains of the living dead.

The champions of good entered one room and were greeted by the hideous forms of Dark Legionaires! Before the party could act however, the black warriors simply allowed them passage, but also that they were watched with a wary eye. The group slowly advanced, all the while watching behind them for any sign of treachery from the Legionaires.

The hero and his band of stalwart companions mounted a large staircase on the other side of the room from the black guards. The dwarven barbarian of the group quickly jerked the door open and jumped in the doorway ready to take on any forces of the living dead which so filled the walls of this ancient keep. To his surprise however, he was greeted by sweet yet mournful music. That is, he listened only long enough to notice the darkest and most evil of undead known to ever walk the lands of the Gael Serran, a Lich!

Immediately, the Paladin leader of the group called the party to battle against the great evil. They launched themselves into foray but were stunned to find none of their weapons to have any effect against the undead wizard except the Mavin itself. The wielder of the Mavin struck and struck the fiend but gained no headway as the Lich drained the lifeforce from the various members of the valiant group.

Then, to the dismay of all, the room filled with the Dark Legionaires! The air began to crackle with magical energies and to fill with the sound of steel on steel. Suddenly, the Warlock fell before the onslaught, followed in quick succession by the rest of the members of his group. The Mortal Hope fell before it had ever come to face the Dark Lord...

Suddenly, the party found itself just outside of the room!
"The player must have reloaded the game," said the dwarf Durin.
"Makes sense doesn't it, after all, we were killed rather quickly and it was a pretty sad battle," said Tazek, the Samurai Whiskah.
"Hope the player decides to at least listen to what that lich says before we hit it," said the knowledgeable Elrond, an elven Warlock.

The player DID listen to what the party said. Everything went smoothly after that.

-Jafin
Old 07-22-2001, 12:20 AM   #33
Tananda
Elminster

LOL, Jafin! What an excellent story!
Nice lesson to listen first (even to lich ).

But you know, player isn't really guilty in this pity situation - this is only Paladin's fault! Those LG paladins always shout "EVIL!" and kill everything they can notice nearby
It is very dangerous to have paladin in the party, believe me, my friend .

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 12:35 AM   #34
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, I've noticed Paladins tend to overreact and think with their sword rather than their heads . I believe you caught the lesson there Tanda, LISTEN FIRST THEN HIT!

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 05:10 PM   #35
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Mouse wanders in, grabs a quick dwarven ale and wanders out again. Those that have heard of him are not in the least bit surprised at his sudden appearance. He is well known for his ability to sniff out free refreshments from vast distances away

------------------
Regards

Mouse

"I drink, therefore I spam"

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 07-23-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 08:47 PM   #36
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Boogre Brew here is A little Warm Jafin Warm it up and Do I have a short tale to tell I was in there the Dragon Spire for a littl e while and Did it have fun the Swamp mucks actacked I almost killed me and Then a lava pup it was fun as I walked further and Further I came Across Spiders Slaying Each One and Then Another Shamlbing Shlag and and another Lava Pup they are behind the Trantrla queen They Killed me. But next Second I know I back in they Same Spot As I was When They Shabling Shlags Attacked But No Shlag

[This message has been edited by Loumistro (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 11:58 PM   #37
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Something I noticed a while ago and was wondering if anybody else caught on to this too. Does Erathsmedor sound a lot like Sean Connery or is it just me?

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-26-2001, 10:41 AM   #38
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just the other day as I walked into the stout mines I I got ready to go down and as I was Going Down a mountain started to take crush damage below so I waited Until he was Dead then some Rats tooke crush damage and Then after a bunch of rats and Roaches I go to the next drop a Shabling Shag a Moutain Spider and Rats and Roaches and Wogours are taking Crush Damage and Then I fianlly Make it to the Kings Room and heres where I reallly got PPiisseedd off I ran into a guard and all of a sudden I was Stading under him and Evey one is attacking me.

------------------
Old 08-10-2001, 01:21 AM   #39
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, now that the forum is back up and running, I can formally reopen the Boogre Bar. All refreshments are restocked, tea's hot, sodas are cold. Now, a round of Boogre Brew for EVERYONE!!!!

-Jafin
Old 08-10-2001, 02:25 AM   #40
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

WOOHOO!! Hello, everybody! Hey, Jafin, was th' bar closed for cleanin', a problem with your license, or what? Anyway, it sure is good ta be back "home" again in the company of friends an' fellow adventurers. I'll take a Boogre Brew, 'memb'rin' ta take it easy this time. I almost got a ticket for DWDU(Drinkin' While Drivin' an Uberhorse) the last time. Hey, dat gits me ta thinkin'. I wonder if'n muh fren's ever tried ta use an Uberhorse ta try ta climb them walls an' tree surf? I'll hafta ask 'em next time ah see 'em.

Ah knows muh fren's is in da Skull Castle right now, but they should be out soon, hopefully wit' some good stories o' ther recent adventures.

+Dr.Pick
Closed Thread