Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 08:06 AM   #1
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

I currently have the De'Arnise Keep as my stronghold, but I've had nothing to do there for ages. I think the last thing that happened was the thieving guard (but I'm not sure. That's the last one I remember), and I know this isn't the last thing I have to do. When I had the ranger stronghold things cropped up regularly until there was nothing left to do, but now I've went at least 25 days (not too sure, it's been so long) since I went to the keep and there was anyone to see me. Is there a problem here or am I just impatient?
Old 02-12-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

You've been going to the keep and checking to see if there was anyone there for you right?

Are you still getting the "gold has been deposited in your keep" messages?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

Yep, I've been getting the "gold..." messages every 2 weeks, or whenever I should be, and I've been heading back to the keep to check on it, but I just get told that no one is here to see me when I ask Major Domo. It's a tad annoying, travelling all that way for nothing.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Do you have Nalia in your party?

If so,
Did you go to her fathers funeral?

Did she get kidnaped?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #5
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

I don't have Nalia in my party. Is this the problem? I thought Roenall was meant to get p*ssed off anyway because I own the castle now.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:34 PM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Firim Silraven:
I don't have Nalia in my party. Is this the problem? I thought Roenall was meant to get p*ssed off anyway because I own the castle now.
you need nalia in your party to trigger the Roenall quests (abuction ect)...

[ 02-12-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The "Nalia Abducted by Isaea Roenall" quest(s) and the "Running the de'Arnise Keep" quests are wholly separate. You are not required to have Nalia in your party while you're doing the Keep quests, she doesn't even provide any input on the decisions you make. In fact, it's quite easy to do the entire de'Arnise map from start to finish, without her ever being in your party at all.

With that said, let's move on to the real problem: Bugs. Bugs WILL occur in your game, and they're most likely to happen in quests that take a long time, or are triggered by the passing of time. The variable that tells the computer to move on to the next quest simply never got set, and so that line of quests is stuck forever, unless you happen to know the name of the variable, and can go CLUA it to its correct value. The exact same thing happened to me in my current game: I was doing the Bard Stronghold, and the stronghold quests stopped cold, and right before opening night, too. I don't know the variable, so there's not a damn thing I can do about it......except Backstab Higgold, of course.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is semi-related and unverified, it's just what I think happened.
Doing the thief guild, I talked to renals tax man before checking how my thieves did (hey I have 50,000+ gold, I can cover my dues for now). unfortunately, after I paid my 500 gold or whatever it was, the missions director guy told me I had to wait until next week to see how my thieves did. So I think it's important to do those 2 guys in order every week or you get screwed out of your income