Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2000, 10:26 PM   #11
Armisael

There are plenty of excellent swords. I've found favour with the two-handed variety, though, and I use the soul reaver +4, a very nice weapon. Also saving up for the warblade +4, apparently the only weapon in the game that uses a D12 attack dice.

Old 12-03-2000, 01:30 AM   #12
Mantis

where the hell is this warblade everyones talkin about

Old 12-03-2000, 08:25 AM   #13
BaatoRyan

Warblade's found in the Adventurer's Mart, Ribald has it but ONLY AFTER Chapter 6. And Armisael, you're wrong. There are TWO. Namely the Warblade, I dint even notice, and Carsomyr.

Old 12-03-2000, 08:52 AM   #14
Armisael

Heh. Carsomyr is only a D10+5 weapon. Yes, I know what it says in the description - ignore that. Get Infinity Explorer and take a look. Item code is 'SW2H10'.

Old 12-03-2000, 09:05 AM   #15
BaatoRyan

Ok, ok fine fine... Im already a loser... hehe hey! Then why are the descriptions not true or something? If there is only one real flaw in BG2, it's all those typos! More typos in the manual... damn

Old 12-03-2000, 03:42 PM   #16
Magness
Quintesson

While its true that there are no truly GREAT longswords, there are plenty of pretty darn good ones.

Daystar +2, +4 vs evil, cast Sunray once per day
The Equalizer
Blade of Roses +3
Dragonslayer +2, x2 damage to dragons
Adjatha the Drinker +2, immunity to charm and domination, heal 1 HP per hit

These are all pretty darn useful longswords. There are a few more useful longswords.

It's too bad that the Blackrazor longsword isn't available much earlier in the game. It's probably the best longsword in the game, but its only awailable just before the final battle.

I certainly agree with Memnoch about the Celestial Fury katana being one of the outstanding weapons in the game. No party should be without it!!!
Old 12-03-2000, 07:44 PM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think there is a size limit to what Celestial Fury can stun. I've stunned Adamanitite Golems and balors with it and they've been stunned. I hit a clay golem once, stunned it, but still couldn't do any damage. It just stood there while i sliced away doing no damage. I had to get Korgan with the Crom Faeyr to kill itr.
Old 12-03-2000, 10:31 PM   #18
Intuition

If you use the item code, you can create the "killsw01". It's a long sword that a Shadow Theif uses to protect Aran Linvial. One hit kill, full magic resistence...You name it, this sword has it. Best of all, it's a long sword...

Old 12-03-2000, 11:21 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ehm, that's true but it's not really a legit sword as such.
Old 12-04-2000, 01:57 AM   #20
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Blackrazor? Sure, kick-ass sword but are you nuts? Well, I suppose not since I don't think they really 'play' Blackrazor as the curruptingly evil artifact it truely is...Not the first time this weapon has made me shiver