Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 12:04 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It is possible to solo the game and you can do it. Put the game on insane difficulty for a real challenge. It's boring as shit but if that's your thing then by all means go ahead, that's the only way to find out. Just make sure you have someone who can cast spells, unlock doors, find traps, and fight toe-to-toe. I'm talking maximum buffs. There's a character in my mind already, let's see if you can guess which class combo I'm thinking of...

You'll be thankful for that spell that EVERY character in the game can use: it's called RELOAD SAVED GAME. You'll be using it a lot I think.
Old 12-04-2000, 12:07 AM   #2
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

roflmao
Old 12-04-2000, 08:39 AM   #3
Arcrist

Hey ppl

Im really sick of controling a ton of people in the game, so is it possible to leave them all behind and play using only my character? I know Imoen gets captured later but could i just kill them all and change the game? This way i could get more exp. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-04-2000, 08:50 AM   #4
Armisael

This really isn't the best RPG to play solo. One spell can easily end your game. You can play solo if you want, but I've never tried it and probably never will. The game's a lot more fun with the NPC interaction, anyway. As for EP... if you actually live past chapter one, you'll find that levelling up is easy going. I reached my cap in chapter four with a full party.

Old 12-04-2000, 09:04 AM   #5
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

give your friends a chance. They create a lot more interest and humour and in most cases open up new quests for you. Don't worry about experience, you'll reach the cap even on the easiest setting.
Old 12-04-2000, 09:29 AM   #6
Arcrist

Come on people, i already played with the other characters and i got so sick of the game. I just want to know if its possible to beat the game by myself.

Old 12-04-2000, 11:59 AM   #7
ironfist

If you do, let me know.
In my opinion it's impossible, BG2 isnt Diablo.