Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #111
bsftcs
Red Dragon

*Snapping the fingers* "Bartender, a round on my tab for the Finn with the new computer!"

Nice to hear from you, Olli. It certainly has been a long time. And congratulations on your new computer. I hope to hear more from you soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 05:56 PM   #112
whiteknight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

walks in and looks at the infamous boorge bar.....bug-grr it's a boogre bar lol
bar keep may I please have 2 dwarven ales 2 dark ales and 2 peach meades hold the insects and spit...I can spit for all of us and have a pocket of ashes from my last party killing pleased to meet you all is there a menu?????? or do we bring our kills to get cooked and get charged a arm and a leg??(or are the arm and leg on the menu??)cause i have 2 sacks of mantraps(as the salad) and 5 wild boars as the main......andd I suppose monkey brain from the temple should do as a desert lol

whiteknight
whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #113
LiOnHe@rT
Baaz Draconian

eh? i dun tink we should discuss abt body parts watsoever in here coz.....ooohhh.....my stomach.....not again.......
at most, juz keep the peace in here k?
LiOnHe@rT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #114
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, barkeep, a round on me in honor of Nancyepk's completion of the game. 'Twas a long, drawn-out battle fraught with challenge, but she overcame...

*looks around*

Gettin' dusty in here again. Methinks it's time to re-launch the Monday night Boogre snooker leagues.

*posts a sign*

Hear ye, hear ye... all interested in joining the newly reforming Boogre snooker leagues are kindly requested to sign or make your mark on the list, and to contribute two gold pieces toward the league fees and a new table
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #115
LiOnHe@rT
Baaz Draconian

oh goodie, at least someone has posted in here to keep the bar going!
as for the snooker leagues, i tink i'll haf to pass since i dun even know how to snooker...... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
LiOnHe@rT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #116
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Trying to reform the Snooker League without asking the reigning champion, are you?

Well, I do not mind. I got rather tired of the old challenge system. It reminded me of the system that kept Wilhelm Steinitz and Emmanuel Lasker chess world champions for all those years, simply because they set the challenge fee too high for all the serious contenders to match. It kept Akiba Rubinstein from achieving the title so many felt was rightfully his.

I am not that kind of person, so which cup system do you suggest?
Old 08-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #117
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Heck, I know little more about snooker than how to spell it So as for cup systems, the ones I know are Tarot, Stanley, plastic, glass, crystal, and athletic. I don't know which one would be most appropriate, or if others would be better suited.

And I certainly didn't mean to slight you. Heck, I'm not interested in having another snooker ball bounced off my noggin.

So, 'twixt you and me, that makes two. Let's see what happens next...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #118
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Oh, you forgot to mention the "last man standing" cup system. A very commonly used cup system among boogres. But what can one expect when one equips two mean tense boogres with heavy cues? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 05:46 PM   #119
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Bulletin!

Report from the opening snooker match of the new season.

Stackman vs. Bob, the chief mischief preventer of the Boogre Bar

It was a best of seven frame match. Bob, whose deformities and partiality for sharp weapons (and some blunt ones as well) are well known, opened by taking the first frame sixty-two to seven.

Next frame was very even, and it was not until pink ball that Stackman took the frame.

With Bob winning the next frame, Stackman realized something serious had to be done. Instigating a fight which Bob had to tkae care of (he was still on duty that night), Stackman slipped into the cellar and prepared a potent mixture of mana max potions and other interesting, coloured fluids. Realizing that the bar and the adjoining rooms were created by boogres, for boogres, Stackman found himself unable to climb out of the exit of the cellar which was situated too high. Assembling casks of boogre brew he was finally able to stack his way back out. By then Bob had been awarded the frame due to Stackman's absence.

Stackman then persuaded Bob to drink the potion. That clouded Bob's sight and in the next frame he mistook one of his lances for his cue. As a result he ripped the cloth. That was grounds for disqualification, and the frame was awarded to Stackman, and the rest of the game postponed pending a new cloth.

Next friday the game was resumed. Down three frames to two Stackman had to bring up his best break building. He cleared the table with the first century break of the new season. 107 to 0.

Only one frame remained. By now the bar was invaded by a horde of pixies. While Bob had to show thew visitors to the door, Stackman changed the the glass of the oil lamps illuminating the table with glass of different hue. Knowing Bob was more or less colour blind, Stackman was right in his assumption. Bob repeatedly potted the wrong balls giving him a deficit to big to finally overcome.

Stackman won the match. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 05:11 PM   #120
bsftcs
Red Dragon

S'Keser Davis was a no-show. It is the second snooker match I win in a row by way of disqualification.

The new cup system is a good one, Bungleau, but apparently I am going to retain my title simply because no one is awarded any points.