Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 06:01 AM   #11
Morguemaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You too, huh?

I shot one with a "super arrow" (ok ok, not very imaginative, but it works) and lo and behold, chaos and madness.

Mind you, second time around, so my characters were a bit toughened up.

Morguemaus
Morguemaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 07:24 AM   #12
Radek
Red Dragon

Nokturnal, ALL your spells will fizzle until you kill the Boogre Guard near the regular entrance to the prison. More precisely, all your spells are disabled after entering the prison, no matter whether you enter through the backdoor or through the regular entrance, and they remain disabled until you open the door to the "cage".
The guard opens the door normally. If you kill the guard then the door opens as well (the guard is the trigger for the door and the game follows the rule "killing a trigger triggers the action", so that killing the guard opens the door).
Therefore, you must go to the entrance without your spells. You will see a "--|" there, where the horizontal branch goes to the cage. You will come to the lower branch. The guard is standing at the upper branch near the way to the cage. He identifies himself as a "Boogre Guard" (the only boogre guard in the whole dungeon). Kill the guard and your spells will be reenabled.

Here is what I am always doing in the prison:
1. Enter through the backdoor.
2. Kill the lillies.
3. Leave the prison through the backdoor, heal, recast spells, reenter the prison.
4. Kill the boogres near Priskiella.
5. Kill Priskiella. This opens the door to S'Keser Da without the ring.
6. Kill S'Keser Da and get the Evil Eye.
7. Investigate the teleporting maze (it does not function now).
8. Leave the prison through the backdoor, heal, recast spells, reenter the prison.
9. Go to the boogre guard and kill him. Your spells are reenabled.
10. Run to the Idol of Aku without allowing (the second copy of) S'Keser Da to curse you. Kill the lillies there.
11. Allow (the second copy of) S'Keser Da to curse you. This removes the second copy of S'keser Da from the prison.
12. Go to the idol and get rid of boogreism.
13. Do the rest.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #13
nokturnal_1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

O.K. Now I have one other problem, and I think this one is maybe tech, but probably bug. I sling arrows at the lillies, and when one last arrow is all that is needed, (for the first lilly kill) when I fire it and it connects, the game freezes up. I press ESC or enter, and I am at my desktop screen. During the freeze screen, the cursor moves freely, it just doesn't have any effect on with the R/L click.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Hmm. Then the boogre guard must be added to the list of one of a kind monsters. I will do that immediately.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:02 AM   #15
Radek
Red Dragon

Ha! Bows! Somebody has reported the same problem a few months ago. The bows seems to be another source of problems. I recommend not to use bows at all. Attack with your melee weapons, it's much more effective. If you need a ranged attack, use spells. All offensive spells are ranged.
Well, you cannot cast in the prison until you solve the problem with the cage door. Therefore, chop the lillies with your swords, add lemon and sugar, and enjoy