Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

I've got a problem getting the mage shop to enchant items. My new Warlock has the Occulist trait with Lvl 7 in Enchants. I have the Artifact of Pain(Fiend), Artifact of vines (Vine) & Artifact of Spirit (Spirit). It says I have 10 or so items that can be enchanted amound which are 3 silver rings, Main Gauche, boots etc Some like the rings have no enchantments at all. I click on the object & all it says is this " You need other enchantments". No I do not have the Cabalist trait or Blessings skills. But at Level 7 in Enchants I should be able to do something. I try clicking the button & nothing happens. The topic on Secrets of Enchantments was no help at all since I get no options to enchant my rings or armour or weapons even with Artifact of spirit in my spell book. According to the best tips I should be able to get a Hit point bonus to my Main Gauche & protection from magic from my fiend artifact. Could someone explain what I'm doing wrong?? Thx in advance
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:47 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Please sit down and relax. Otherwise you will get mad during reading the following info [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Ready?

Well, there are two skills related to enchanting. One of them is called Blessings and is practicized in the Temple. The other is Enchants and is practicized in the Mages Guild.
Some artifact spells are used by both these skills but not all of them. Artifact of Pain, Artifact of Vines and Artifact of Spirit need Blessings. They cannot be used with Enchants ...
Old 06-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #3
Robalex
Dungeon Master

Hi Radek! Thax for the advice I was confused by an old thread by Lord in Best Tips 8 which says that Artifact of Spirit "adds 'to hit' to weapons' & that Artifact of Pain "adds protection from Magic' to armour. I guess that this is wrong. Btw. my other Warlock just leveled up & since he is now Lvl 14 I got him lvl 1 in Enchants & Blessings and HE has no problem with either working at the Mages Guild or Temple.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The post must be wrong. Artifact of Spirit can be used only on the main part of the armor (robe, armor itself, and so on) and it adds Regeneration to the armor. AFAIK, Artifact of Pain adds damage to the weapons. Artifact of Vines adds toughness both to weapons (a good idea sometimes) and armor (forget it, armor never deteriorates).
Protection from Magic needs Artifact of Stone and enchanting. Artifact of Stone can be used in the Temple, too, and it adds armor class to the armor pieces and also to rings.

2. If you want to develop an enchanter (one enchanter in the party is enough) then use an universal caster (all magic schools), for example, a warlock. Give the universal caster all Artifact spells and teach him both Blessings and Enchants to 12. Then you won't meet any problems with enchanting and blessing. Keep in mind that the enchanter must know both the skills and the Artifact spells.