Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 03:20 AM   #1
Taranis
Welcomed New User

At the start of chapter 3 i am told to meet Valens mistress in the graveyard district at night but when i go nobody is there. I have looked everywhere and done all the other quests in Athkatla. I know i have to do this quest to proceed to chapter 4. Is there a fault or what????
Old 10-31-2001, 03:34 AM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

She should be there if you arrive at night but it isn't important to go see her to advance to chapter 4. You can advance through other means. The game gives you a choice here. If you are evil, talking to Valen's mistress is the way to go. If you are good or neutral, i'ld take the oter path.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 10-31-2001, 04:05 AM   #3
Taranis
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
She should be there if you arrive at night but it isn't important to go see her to advance to chapter 4. You can advance through other means. The game gives you a choice here. If you are evil, talking to Valen's mistress is the way to go. If you are good or neutral, i'ld take the oter path.

Does it matter that i have a mixed party of good and evil for her to talk to me?? What is the other path i can take to get to chpter 4?
Thanks

Old 10-31-2001, 04:11 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

What path you take should be based on the alignement of your main character. But even if that alignement is evil you can still take the other path. Go talk to Gaelen Bayle and give him the required amount of gold. That will take you to chapter 4 aswell. If you already done this then the Valen's mistress quest can't be solved anyway. And if your main character is a thief, Valen's mistress will refuse to let you do her quests anyway.

------------------
JR

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 10-31-2001, 06:31 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I suggest going with Gealen nomatter what your alligment is. You get much more advantages.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 06:57 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I suggest going with Gealen nomatter what your alligment is. You get much more advantages.

THIS INCLUDES SPOILERS, DON'T READ IF YOU NEVER ADVANCED BEYOND CHAPTER 3!

Actually, that is not true in terms of items/XP.
First off, it's nonsense you'd have to be of evil alignment - my good party has always chosen this path, and remember the Shadow Thieves are no goody-goodies either. A gullible LG character could still choose Bodhi if he didn't know any better.
Well then, if you pick the Shadow Thieves, they will ask you to kill Bodhi and her vampires. If you pick Bodhi, you'll be asked to kill the Shadow Thieves. Of course, later on in the game, you will have to kill Bodhi anyway, so in terms of XP, you are better off killing the Shadow Thieves. Also, when working for Aran Linvail, you only receive two of the items he has, but if you kill him, you get the lot. As an added bonus, I think choosing Bodhi is much more interesting in terms of roleplaying as well.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 07:58 AM   #7
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's true that your alignement doesn't matter in your choice of sides but looking at it from a roleplaying perspective, i just couldn't see, for instance, an undead hunter side with Bodhi or any good aligned creature for that matter.

------------------
JR

Old 10-31-2001, 08:02 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
It's true that your alignement doesn't matter in your choice of sides but looking at it from a roleplaying perspective, i just couldn't see, for instance, an undead hunter side with Bodhi or any good aligned creature for that matter.

Why not?? If you REALLY roleplay, then you'd have no idea what manner of creature Bodhi is when you first meet her. Sure, you'd have to be a bit gullible not to see it, but you know nothing about vampires at that stage. As soon as you agree to side with Bodhi, there's no way you can turn back, so even if your character finds out who she really is when doing her quests, he'd have to live with it, thus roleplaying perfectly well according to alignment.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-31-2001, 08:09 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

Back to the original problem: I have had that problem as well.. Bodhi never arrived in the Graveyard District.. I didn't bother, and just picked the side of the Shadow Thieves.

------------------

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-31-2001, 10:04 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Back to the original problem: I have had that problem as well.. Bodhi never arrived in the Graveyard District.. I didn't bother, and just picked the side of the Shadow Thieves.

You'r right - if you wait too long before going to the Graveyard, she will not be there and you'll have to side with the Shadow Thieves anyway...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art