Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 06:06 PM   #1
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I usually play with a magic inclined party, but I wanted to try something different, so I decided to go for a melee grop. My party consists of

Me (Archer)
Minsc
Mazzy
Imoen
Jaheira and
Haer Dalis.

Well, I think that the Skalds song ability would be really useful in a group like this, so using Shadowkeep, I switched ol' Haer to a Skald. But his song doesn't change! I get none of the bonuses listed in the book, and he is high enough level to get them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

And yes, I know this is sorta "cheating" but I played through my first game with no cheats, so, pbbbbbbbbt!!
Old 07-03-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

All that switching the classes in SK do is change the class description in your Attributes screen. It does not give you all the innate abilities and characteristics of that class. You need to assign them manually, either by using the Innate tab or by modifying their global attributes.

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 10:59 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
And yes, I know this is sorta "cheating" but I played through my first game with no cheats, so, pbbbbbbbbt!![/B]
Who cares if it's cheating? It's your game, play it the way you want to.

------------------
Old 07-04-2001, 08:12 AM   #4
joetbd
Manshoon

"It's your game, play it the way you want to. "

Its suprising how many people can't grasp that concept.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #5
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ummm, how would I do that using Shadowkeep? I checked under innate abilites and the global variables, but didn't see anything that had to do with a bard song. Any help?

And you should play the way you want to, but I think it's a shame if you don't go through the game at least once without any cheats. But I don't consider this a cheat, just an improvement.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:19 AM   #6
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bump

Please, does anyone know how to switch Haer Dalis' song to that of a Skald? Just using Shadowkeep to change his class doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:29 AM   #7
joetbd
Manshoon

"Please, does anyone know how to switch Haer Dalis' song to that of a Skald? "

do you know the exact name of the ability you are looking for? If that is an innate ability. If you know the name of it, it would be much easier to do. I have never played a bard, and dont know how the abilities are named. It is not called "bard song" is it? When I click on my innate abilities, I get my little boxes very similiar to spells. If I put my cursor over those boxes I get text feed back, of the name of the ability. What are the bard abilities called?
Old 07-05-2001, 09:03 AM   #8
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did a search of the innate abilites, and nothing that relates to a bard song. I've cheacked under everything I could think of, but haven't found anything relating to the problem.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:09 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You'll have to do a bit of checking up on Global Variables, Eladamri. There's a lot of them and I don't know them all. It's definitely not an innate tab ability.

Adding special abilities because of customizing your character in SK is never absolute - a lot of it is trial and error. Save your game and have a go! Create a new skald character and try and find out what special abilities it has, then replicate that for what you want to do.

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 09:24 AM   #10
Waluin

Best tweaking job I ever did was to switch Jaheira to Neutral Good, heh. That way, the whole party was happy that we were heroic in fame