Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 03:45 AM   #1
Azslade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello I am new to Throne of Bhaal I just started playing it recently. Man this game rocks! I love everything about it. My question is this how do I check and see how Sarevok is progressing. I am playing a male Paladin and my goal is to make Sarevok change for the good. Please no spoilers I just want to check his values if this is possible, my last conversations with him was about me seizing my destiny and ruling over the lesser mortals with him by my side. Of course I told him I was only interested in doing good or something to this effect... By the way my characters have gotten very quiet lately is this normal?
Azslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 03:55 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Did you bind Sarevok with a vow? If yes you can't change him to good. If you did not make him take the vow you can still change him.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:04 AM   #3
Azslade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dog gone it, I did just that, at the very beginning, so all is lost then? I am pretty far into the game I am going after Sendai now and I don't really want ot start over. Well if so I guess I will have to do it another time. By the way I am playing TOB with core rules and I wonder can if my NPC's can permenantly die.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:35 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

at core rules permanent death is possible (of course you can always reload if you're not into a no-reload game)
If you want Sarevok to change that badly you could open up Shadowkeeper and mess around with some global variables but IIRC the oath option has some dialogue lines following up you probably missed so it's gonna be tough.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #5
Azslade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah thanks Faceman, that is what I wanted to know. I am playing a game using no reloads. If a characters gets chunked that's it, I dig a nice grave and move on. it's what happened to Anoeman, Aerie, and Yoshimo, though I think my party maybe too high in levels now, they die but can be raised up.

As to Sarevok I will wait till next time, I also have Viconia in my party and I think I going to romance her on my next run through. By the way I have romance Jaheira a couple of times and been sucessful with it. With Jaheira you have to respect nature, be kind to her and give her space. The harpers quest helps alot (that's because it takes so much time) when doing the romance but not necessary to complete it. You also have to start it around the first or second chapter you usually get your first lovetalk right after exiting from the dungeon. It's a little creepy I'll admit especially when you just got done looking at Khalid corpse.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:20 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Placing Sarevock under the Geas will not affect his chances of turning over a new leaf.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:22 AM   #7
Azslade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you Dundee, that is what I am hoping for, [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Just understand that the final change is timer-based, so take your time to complete the game and not rush through.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Placing Sarevock under the Geas will not affect his chances of turning over a new leaf.
It will not?
It has never worked for me when I used the oath and I have read that it is a blocker in several places. I'm puzzled.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #10
Azslade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do I have to keep him in my party all the time as well?