Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I HATE FARGOTH!!!!!
I kinda wanted to ask this for a long time. I do sometimes visit the official board and sometimes gamefaqs.com Morrowind board and Morrowind Summit. I notice lots of people seems to hate Fargoth so much. Why?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:36 AM   #12
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Gah, I dunno. It's sort of like listening to The Mars Volta... Nobody actually wants to, but it makes you fit in with the crowd.

I guess some people found him annoying purely for looking lame, having a whiny voice and being the first NPC you meet once every single time you come out of Census & Excise. Anyway, it caught on and I wouldn't be surprised if you can get "I Hate Fargoth" t-shirts now.

[ 09-25-2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Brayf ]
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

Don't forget that Fargoth says something along the lines "I have a feeling that you and I will become very good friends" when you've given him his ring and made him happy. That, in addition to his appearance and whiny voice makes some people question if he doesn't "play for the other team", so to speak.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #14
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I HATE FARGOTH!!!!!
I kinda wanted to ask this for a long time. I do sometimes visit the official board and sometimes gamefaqs.com Morrowind board and Morrowind Summit. I notice lots of people seems to hate Fargoth so much. Why? [/QUOTE]I too have pondered the obsession with Fargoth. And no one gives me a good reason.

However, everyone wanting to see Jiub in Oblivion I can see, as I kinda want to see him too.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:16 AM   #15
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I love The Mars Volta! But i've only really heard that one song...

The whole fargoth thing is childish beyond compare. What i can't understand is why there aren't i hate Uncle Crassius and Caius Cokheddes cults. Especially the former. Sleaze.

That said, it's only a game and "children" are the only ones that get so wound up that they forget why they jumped on the bandwagon (If they knew in the first place). Put that many of them in one place and you're bound to end up with voidus intellectus.

Warmer climes, Brayf? IW fits the bill. But this place has always been Bioware. Maybe some recruitment is called for. And a door monkey at the registration page...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #16
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I think the reason all the kids in the forums got down on Fargoth is because, they never get much farther than that in the game before they start the game over and over and over again. Trying to make the perfect character and never really getting there so, the I hate Fargoth came to be from talking to him hundreds of times. LOL
Old 10-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #17
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

As far as the 'vets' at the Bethesda forums, that depends on which forums you follow.

There are still a lot of old-timers active in the Morrowind Mods and Construction Set forums.

There are also usually some in the Lore and Past Games forums, although I haven't looked in on those two forums much recently.

As far as Morrowind General and the Spoilers forums: personally, I haven't posted much in those for two or three years. Too much noise, too much of the same questions over and over again, too much of the same 'brillant new discovery' over and over again, etc. I have a feeling other old-timers have dropped out of those forums for the same reasons: too repetitious, very little that's actually new ever being brought up any more.

Also, a lot of old-timers tend to wander in and out: play, mod, and talk about Morrowind for a while, then take off for something new for a while, then back to Morrowind again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as Fargoth, I've never really figured it out, but here's my pet theory...

You get off the ship and Fargoth asks you about his ring.

You give it back to him, and he helps you out by putting in a good word for you with Arrille: raises Arrille's disposition, which gives you bettter prices.

And then you turn around and help some bully by robbing Fargoth.

Fargoth helps you out, and you repay him by stabbing him in the back...

Doing something scummy like that is probably a lot easier to justify if you pretend that Fargoth is somehow despicable, hateful, deserves to be robbed, or something like that.

Or maybe a lot of people just enjoy helping bullies pick on somebody defenseless.

Who knows!

[ 10-10-2005, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: DinkumThinkum ]
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #18
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by DinkumThinkum:

Also, a lot of old-timers tend to wander in and out: play, mod, and talk about Morrowind for a while, then take off for something new for a while, then back to Morrowind again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
< sorry, but i clipped a buncha stuff about fargoth >

that's what this old-timer does. except for the times she goes to the gendisc forum to marvel at how much the mods there have to censor threads. [img]smile.gif[/img] i thot it was funny when one of the mods there commented that his fave thing to do was let them go nuts just so he could ban them. i can't say i blame him.

and fargoth, despite being a pale lil dude, has been good to me. in fact, i always get a discount from the trader due to giving fargoth's ring back. i then follow that up by stealing the dang thing back when i discover his little hidey-hole.
*yoink!*
thanks little feller!

V***V