Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Storm Shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My daughter informed me the other day that if you have several rings of Marin you can go to the weapons shop and sell them for $5000 apiece and then purchase them again for only $2500. Selling and purchasing them will quickly add to your funds. Just buy and sell until you have as much gold as you need. I gather you can get quite a few rings of Marin in the Western lands. I thought this was an interesting little item and have used it several times, especially when trying to purchase enchantments and blessings. (These can get very expensive the higher your level is.)
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Your daughter is right [img]smile.gif[/img] Unless they fix the prices in the patch [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] it's a "legitimate" way of getting some money even in the patched game. A few notes:
1. A mage or a wizard can also "use" the ring. Now, consider the "recharging ability" of the Gael Serran shops.
2. You can get even more money if you have the Merchant trait and enough high WIL.
3. Beware! Only a wizard or a mage can equip the ring. Therefore, only a mage or a wizard can buy it back from a shop! If you want to generate money by means of the Rings of Mariin, you must have a mage or a wizard in your party.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A number of items have that property. Ziggy mentions a few on Page Five of the best tips.

Also when you have one of those items you might want to propagate it using the drop and shop bug as explained on Page Eight of the best tips. [img]smile.gif[/img]