Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 07:29 AM   #1
Basher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I did all the drow quests, was never delayed and received finally the fake eggs of both, the female drow and the male. Now I went in with the entire party invisible, sneaked into the egg room with a single character (also invisible), took the eggs, left the fake ones there, took another potion of invis and sneaked out. I was not attacked by the drow guards, because they couldn't see me. So far, so good. But now things become ugly: Even outside the temple everybody is violent now. I switched AI off before, so nobody gets attacked by my party; but even the drow woman (Phaere?), who gave me the fake eggs is now violent. I cannot speak to her, I just can fight anybody now.
In my former games this was completely different: After leaving the temple all was just normal, nobody was violent and I could finish the quest in betraying both, the drow woman and the drow matron mother.
What is wrong here? Any ideas?

Best

B
Old 08-31-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
ScottR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a thought, haven't tried this one myself but after taking the Drow Male's fake eggs are you sure it was still the Females you placed in the treasury. The subsequent plot wouldn't work if you got this wrong!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
Vampire

Faera (female) gives you Fake 1
Male gives you Fake 2
Place Fake 1 in place of Real Eggs
Give Fake 2 back to Faera.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:43 AM   #4
Vampire

Oh welcome! Sorry I forgot on the 1st time round.
Old 08-31-2001, 12:35 PM   #5
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had this problem, the first time through no problem, second time I played I could never keep from making everyone hostile. Very frustrating. It took me a long time (like 15 times through in different ways) to figure out the problem.

The two guards by the door that guard the eggs? Make sure that you kill them *before* they sound an alarm (they will say something if you just sneak past, and by then its too late to fix). Also, don't know if this matters, but I made sure that I was out of sight of the other guard just down the path (that I passed on the way to the eggs) while I did this.
Old 08-31-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

Yes, this bit is really misleading (even the walkthrough I've got erroneously tells you to sneak past). I spent ages (and about 15 reloads) trying out various combinations of invisibility spells and potions, Sanctuary spells, non-detection, etc, to no effect, until I found that you actually simply had to kill the two guards, as quickly as possible. They only have about 10 HP each, so it's not too hard if you know that you ARE supposed to kill them...
Old 08-31-2001, 03:56 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I wish I knew that. I ended up killing the entire underdark. Seriously, I killed every drow I saw down there.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:02 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Mil- I got busted too, and annihilated the lot of 'em. Oh well...
Old 08-31-2001, 04:20 PM   #9
Basher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

Of course I placed the correct eggs into the container . My "fault" was indeed to leave the guards alive. It is really different, because when I played it a year ago (unpatched), it was ok to sneak past those two without harming them.
But the difference is just to loose some XP and a funny part of the story; finally I got all items, although walking along the road of pain .

Best

B
Old 08-31-2001, 04:26 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Basher:
Hi!

Of course I placed the correct eggs into the container . My "fault" was indeed to leave the guards alive. It is really different, because when I played it a year ago (unpatched), it was ok to sneak past those two without harming them.
But the difference is just to loose some XP and a funny part of the story; finally I got all items, although walking along the road of pain .

Best

B
Well, if it's too much trouble to go on, just kill em all. You would be surprised at how theraputic it is. you also get a ton of exp. If you are a good aligned party you're doing it for the betterment of Faerun. If you're Evil, your rationale doesn't matter.

Kill em!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB