Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 01:49 PM   #41
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I was really worried about being banned at first (I was a bit of a thread necromancer) and can I just say, whichever mod it was that sent me warnings, you really scared me.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 11-10-2003, 03:02 PM   #42
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Wow! I didn`t know that this thread will get so many answers. BTW i wonder how must one persuade [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] and his slave Z to bring member up again from ban? Link?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:02 PM   #43
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Phil was just a silly fellow(s), never was obscene, and never PMed anybody. Three of the best people I ever met in my life were of the McCavity family. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #44
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Phil never caused any real harm, was just a bit repetative is all. I believe the words were- "Can I drill you about this?" Phil did not flame or insult, just maybe disrupt a bit I say free Phil, bring him back!!!!! Errr not that I was part of Phil or anything....nope not me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #45
Archie_Bunker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dat dere Phil was a stand up-ified American kind of guy!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:00 PM   #46
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

That's one of the thins I like about the IW forums - it's a nice place with real friendly people. Certainly a model for all the "virtual communities" out there.

I think it all boils down to mutual respect, and the realisation that its members come from all corners of the world.

It's a bit like coming home after a hard day's work - familiar members, civilised chats, etc. A great place to be! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 09:10 PM   #47
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Indeed Hiyashi [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL, Awchiii!! Long time no see [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and Get owff de couch, Edith is having anowtherr hawt flash, quick get out da little fan!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #48
Nerull
Lord Ao

To be perfectly honest, this is the first forum I ever joined, and other than a few jaunts to other forums to get specific questions answered (i.e. WotC to get PnP D&D campaign info), I've pretty much stuck to this forum. The reason? This is a friendly, well-run forum, where you do not have to worry about being flamed, harassed, or otherwise driven off. The reason for that? Things are run tightly here. Yes, they are quick to ban someone who is acting up. However, if you truly treat others the way you would be treated, then you really have nothing to worry about. To be honest, I've only seen a couple of incidents in my time here, and they have been handled quickly and efficiently. I give all of the moderators all of the kudos they deserve (and no, I am not kissing butt; take a jaunt to some of the other forums out there and you will respect this one much more).

As far as crossing the moderators, it all depends on what you are correcting. If you are correcting them for accuracy of one of their posts (i.e. gave erroneous information), then no problem. However, if you start trying to tell them how to do their job, then you really do deserve whatever you get (who doesn't get annoyed when someone starts questioning their competence?). In other words, take the same approach you do with any of the other members.

Keep up the good work, Ziroc!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 11-10-2003, 10:05 PM   #49
Diamond Q
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Archie_Bunker:
He was a bit screwed up though...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:11 PM   #50
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Q:
quote:
Originally posted by Archie_Bunker:
He was a bit screwed up though... [/QUOTE]Yes indeed, The Four were,so any chance I can drill you about this?