Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

There are so many out there, from the very beginning of Rock'n'Roll to now, who do you think is the best Rock'n'Roll star or group?

For me, it's hard to say, but I think it's Pink Floyd and Guns'N'Roses.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Pink Floyd is ok, but Metallica rocks, then and now, for all you metal heads. Also, Tool is cool, ( can you tell I'm a bard ), and I really liked Ozzy's first line up when he left Black Sabbath. Randy Rhoads was a guitar god, and Dio's line up too, after he left Sabbath, Vivian Campbell was the s@#t.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

well who is the best usually changes from week to week. but over the years I guess the (original) Fleetwood Mac *peter green era before nicks* wins because I wore out the vynal record not once, not twice, but 3 times !!!! and I now have it on cd [img]tongue.gif[/img]

curantly on the play list is

Jesus and Mary chain
Billy bragg
Barcley James Harvest

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-02-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Light Bulb

POISON!!!! As a teen of the mid 80's, I'm sorta stuck with hair bands. Can we limit the definition, btw? Do The Beatles count?? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] While they are both great, grouping the Stones with Ozzy seems... not the most appropriate categorization.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:44 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I'd definetly say the shizit, though they were never popular and only produced 20 or so original songs, I doubt anybody could bring down a house like them, and I was really sad when they broke up this year. they were like slipnot, linkin park, and Atari Teenage Riot all wrapped up into two guys wiht a mic and a guitar...
Old 06-02-2003, 09:44 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

KISS!!!!!
then Poison, Def Lepard, GNR Motley Crew Metalica need I say more, I love hair bands
Old 06-02-2003, 11:02 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

The Beatles, by any definition. Never been anyone as good before or, especially, since. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 12:35 AM   #8
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The Ramones!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:02 AM   #9
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
The Ramones!!!!
Yeah man i Just saw Marky Ramone playing live with the misfits last thursday he gave me a high 5 it was wild, im also noticing there are a few mentions of hair metal but no mentions of Nuclear Assault. however greatest rock band?

id say: 3 - Creedence Clearwater Revival
2 - Van Halen
1 - Anthrax

With Blue Oyster Cult and Zeppelin comin in closely behind
Old 06-03-2003, 05:24 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
The Beatles, by any definition. Never been anyone as good before or, especially, since. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I think quality- and technique-wise, the Beatles have been topped several times already (mostly on a seperate song/album-basis), but I agree that no other pop/rock band was as revolutionary, influential and defining with their music as The Beatles were, and no band ever will be anymore. I have respect for the Beatles, but would never classify them as my "favourite" - too many infantile straightforward songs along the lines of "All you need is Love" and "Obladi Oblada" which were influential just the same in later decades, but not really something to be particularly glad or proud about. Or perhaps it's a little too easy to blame the Beatles for the terrible bands in later decades as well.
Besides, being a member of the slacker generation I don't care much for most of the mentioned rock dinos in this topic, either; The Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth, The Fall, Pavement - those are my taste defining favourites at the basis. And lots of modern day psychedelica (Motorpsycho) and most of the current indie scene, and I'm pretty much open-minded towards many other genres, just the same. And over the past few months, I've been developping a taste for classical music and jazz as well.

[ 06-03-2003, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]