Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2002, 02:17 PM   #61
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
...SNIP...Stuff about socilism...
Well that certainly gives me a lot to digest [img]smile.gif[/img] Ill read it and ruminate...two questions off the top of my head...1. who sets the limits on things like inheritance? and 2. What do you do with lazy sluggards who sit on their butt all day not contributing a thing to the society?

Old 06-02-2002, 02:29 PM   #62
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
...SNIP...Stuff about socilism...
Well that certainly gives me a lot to digest [img]smile.gif[/img] Ill read it and ruminate...two questions off the top of my head...1. who sets the limits on things like inheritance? and 2. What do you do with lazy sluggards who sit on their butt all day not contributing a thing to the society?[/QUOTE]1.> Many powers would be decentralized, so it would be up to the Central government to negotiate with the bodies that represented the ordinary people, to find an acceptable level, Communication is the key.

2.>Despite what is said by the Right-wing, there is virtually no one like that, everyone wants money, and the best way of ensuring that is a job.
What you as regards to benefits is make them just enough to live on, with minimum standards thus ensuring people go out to seek a job, since what with a much increased minimum wage, even the worst paid job would pay more than benefits,

If you were feeling really nasty you could also make it so, that you only get benefits if you actively apply for jobs & cut most of the benefits of after a set period, although not everyone will agree with the last two.

Old 06-02-2002, 03:37 PM   #63
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

dramnek i used to work for the city of chesapeake va.my job consisted of repairing the public housing.i would come in in the morning as half the people were were either going to work or coming home from work.at one in the afternoon,when i come back from lunch,the other half would be waking up to start worthless lives.what i liked best about these idiots was when they would complain about the noise i made while working.they didn't like waking up that early.i would just laugh at them and tell them to go complain to management.they just went back to bed.

and dramnek,you need to throw away that communist manifesto trash you keep spouting.most people who are rich did not get that way by stealing,they did it by hard work and taking risks with their money.the people like the kennedy's are a minority of the wealthy.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:32 PM   #64
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
dramnek i used to work for the city of chesapeake va.my job consisted of repairing the public housing.i would come in in the morning as half the people were were either going to work or coming home from work.at one in the afternoon,when i come back from lunch,the other half would be waking up to start worthless lives.what i liked best about these idiots was when they would complain about the noise i made while working.they didn't like waking up that early.i would just laugh at them and tell them to go complain to management.they just went back to bed.
Your point is?

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman
and dramnek,you need to throw away that communist manifesto trash you keep spouting.
Who are you to malign, arguably the greatest and most influential thinker the west has ever produced,
That just smacks of ignorance.
Can you give any justification to your views beyond knee-jerk conservatism?
Have you ever even Read any of Karl Marx’s & Engels works?

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman
most people who are rich did not get that way by stealing,they did it by hard work and taking risks with their money.the people like the kennedy's are a minority of the wealthy.[/qb]
No they didn’t, most of them exploit us all.
How do you think bill gates got all his money?
By forming a monopoly so he wouldn’t have to take risks, he could then carry on providing an inferior product, at over inflated prices, since he controls the majority of the market, thusly setting prices and turning the so-called free market on its head.

There’s a lot of rich people in oil countries, like Saudi, yet all the wealth remains in the hands of a few people, while the majority of the population are very poor.
What is OPEC but a cartel?

In America, the Tax cuts forced through means that you get worse public services and education and a lower standard of living, while the rich just laugh because they have even more money, therefore nothing to worry about.

[ 06-03-2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]