Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Melkor, The Dark Lord
The Magister

Hello everyone, I'm wondering how do I ask out girls that I don't know and get them to say yes?
Old 09-14-2002, 03:40 PM   #2
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Melkor, The Dark Lord:
Hello everyone, I'm wondering how do I ask out girls that I don't know and get them to say yes?
lol!!! there's a convoluted question

it depends largely on the asker

if you have no confidence, no sense of humour and are always staring at their breasts you have no chance

there isn't a sure-fire way for everybody as it depends on the asker

Old 09-14-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Everyones an iduvidle, treat em as such. sorry but I cant help [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

dont listen to Yorik, he doesn't know. act like your name sake growling and snarling while smashing things, you will be fine.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

[quote]originally posted by Lord Shield

if you have no confidence, no sense of humour and are always staring at their breasts you have no chance[quote]

I take it this is from personal experience LS? lol
Old 09-14-2002, 03:56 PM   #6
Melkor, The Dark Lord
The Magister

[quote]Originally posted by canadianvixen:
[quote]originally posted by Lord Shield

if you have no confidence, no sense of humour and are always staring at their breasts you have no chance
Quote:

LOL Well thats funny!! I have no confidence but I can B.S. that I have confidence, some what of a sence of humor, and I do keep staring down to a minimum. Any constructive suggestions?

[ 09-14-2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Melkor, The Dark Lord ]
Old 09-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

[quote]Originally posted by Melkor, The Dark Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
Quote:
originally posted by Lord Shield

Quote:

Quote:
LOL Well thats funny!! I have no confidence, some what of a sence of humor, and I do keep staring down to a minimum. Any constructive suggestions?
Quote:
None what so ever. You've got me wrapped around your little finger.
Old 09-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #8
Lord Shield

well, constructiveness also dedpends on the girl. some like directness, some like wooing, some might like you turning up smothered in butter (don't bet on this one though)

easy answer is to remember they're human just as you are, and think just as anyone else does (though their minds may be incomprehensible for us poor thick males LOL!!!)

Old 09-14-2002, 04:12 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I always found that, if you watch their facial cues when you are talking to them, you get a pretty good idea of how receptive they are. Like, if you can make them smile or talk about themselves, they probably would go along for a coffee, or even lunch. Don't ask for a dinner date right away, unless you think that they are crazy about you. Which, since you have to ask, they probably are not. LS' advice about not staring at them, or making crass comments of any kind, is very good.

[ 09-14-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 09-14-2002, 04:17 PM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

How can you like her if you don't know her? If you are going purely on looks then I would be surprised if any attempt at a relationship will work.

I suggest getting to know her first; find out her interests, spend time with her, let her get to know you etc...

Don't just go up to her face and ask her out - sure fire way to get shot down. And by "getting to know her" I don't mean follow her around everywhere with your jaw dropped and a daft look on your face. These things take time but if you want it to work long term, it's what you gotta do

If you're just after a one niter it's diff but PM me if that's the case