Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

According to the Associated Press, a Norwegian Parliment member, Harald Tom Nesvik, has nominated both.

Nesvik says he nominated them because of "their decisive action against terrorism...the greatest threat to peace."

The complete list of those nominated should be made availible by the end of this month.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

*getting emberrased*
Actually, I read that in the newspaper this day.
I cant disagree with him more!

see ya!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
*getting emberrased*
Actually, I read that in the newspaper this day.
I cant disagree with him more!

see ya!

Oh I bet you could if you really tried, I mean really, have you put in any significant amounts of time trying to disagree with him?

And besides I bet the Norwegians are tied to the ENRON scandal too...Bush probably paid them to nominate him...probably took them back to his ranch and had a bar-B-Q and paid the Norwegians a fortune.... [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/internet.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2002, 09:32 AM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Mr. "Axis of Evil" being put up for a Nobel Peace Prize? I suppose that should surprise me, but after all, Henry Kissinger got one--and he delayed the Vietnamese peace talks so that Nixon could have another plank to his platform for a second presidential term. (It's on the White House/Watergate tapes.) Maybe they should just rename the prize for accuracy to something like "Nobel Global Effect Prize."
Old 02-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #5
MagiK

Just out of curiosity..Sir Exxon..and I am seriously curious here, how would you personally deal with world terrorism? I mean in a realistic way, not some pieeyed fantasy thing like peace for all man kind and have everyone love everyone else cause those things are not going to happen...I mean what course would you have a government you were running take?

Again tis is a serious question no sarcasm or cynicism at all in this post...just sheer unadulterated and undiluted curiosity

Old 02-05-2002, 09:47 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Just out of curiosity..Sir Exxon..and I am seriously curious here, how would you personally deal with world terrorism? I mean in a realistic way, not some pieeyed fantasy thing like peace for all man kind and have everyone love everyone else cause those things are not going to happen...I mean what course would you have a government you were running take?

Again tis is a serious question no sarcasm or cynicism at all in this post...just sheer unadulterated and undiluted curiosity

I would..................I would.....................I would...............
Damn, dont ask such hard questions!
But I know I wouldnt bomb an entire country back to the stoneage!

Btw, half of the words you wrote there, was unreadable for me...

see ya!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:58 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:

I would..................I would.....................I would...............
Damn, dont ask such hard questions!
But I know I wouldnt bomb an entire country back to the stoneage!

Btw, half of the words you wrote there, was unreadable for me...

see ya!

We didn't bomb them back to the stone age. Have you seen pictures of the Afghan cities before the bombing began?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:32 AM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I heard this story this morning at 430 with hubby having coffee---not a good time to announce such a funny thing! I remember looking at Budha and saying, "I thought that was the Nobel *Peace* prize". [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Oh brother.......*eventually* their actions may bring some sort of peace, but more likely a dangerous (as in going-to-blow-up-our-faces) sullen lull in terrorism.

Looks like the Village Idiot has done well for himself in someone's eyes.....
Old 02-05-2002, 10:35 AM   #9
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
I heard this story this morning at 430 with hubby having coffee---not a good time to announce such a funny thing! I remember looking at Budha and saying, "I thought that was the Nobel *Peace* prize". [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Oh brother.......*eventually* their actions may bring some sort of peace, but more likely a dangerous (as in going-to-blow-up-our-faces) sullen lull in terrorism.

Looks like the Village Idiot has done well for himself in someone's eyes.....

You know..peace isnt something that just happens...you do have to work at it and earn it...Now Im not sure Id nominate him for the peace prize but right now show me a world leader who is curreently trying to do more for world peace than by getting rid of terrorists?

Old 02-05-2002, 10:36 AM   #10
MagiK

quote:

Btw, half of the words you wrote there, was unreadable for me...see ya!

Umm because of my typo's or because of some other problem? Please elaborate? Sorry about the typo's im at work and have to squeeze these things in around real work....again I apologize for that.