Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 04:56 AM   #1
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I completed Halo 2 just after Christmas and thought it was great. Apart from the end which is obviously left open for the sequal. But I've heard that Halo 3 will come out in 2006 on the new X-Box 2! So a year to wait and a new console to buy! Why Microsoft why! (for the money obviously)
Old 01-07-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Because M$ specificaly bought Bungee to provide a killer game for the X-box launch. Makes sense they would use the same trick again, and with a cliff-hanger ending to boot.

Another reason to stick with the PC version. If there ever is one.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I would use my PC if it wasn't so crap and I can't afford a new one so the console is my only way to play the best games like Halo 2.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Thoran
Galvatron

Personally I'm glad they're going this route, the XBox is LONG in the tooth. I'd hate to see Halo 3 come out and be little more than a rehash of Halo 2 because the hardware is antique.

If the XBox 2 plays out like the XBox did, it should be a reasonably hot box when released, no more than a few months behind PC's Graphics performance wise (instead of YEARS)... and I expect Halo 3 to take full advantage of all the wholesome performance goodness.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
Niadh
Elminster

Halo 2.5 will be pre-installed on the HD version of XBox Next, featuring an actual ending. Something the original version kinda lacked.

And Halo 2 single player is more or less Halo single player.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My friend owns an X-box so I managed to finally play the multiplayer in this. While it was nice, looked good, and played well, driving the vehicles are really cool. I would say the game is a little overrated compared to reviews last year. Mind you I didn't play the single player campaign and still immensely enjoyed it.

[ 04-15-2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote