Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-06-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
CDB
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My brother just bought Morrowind for his PC but he can't get it to run. He can click on the shortcut that opens the initial game menu, but when he clicks on the link to load the game he gets an "Invalid Page Fault" message after a few seconds. He's tried re-installing the game but to no avail.

I'll try to post some more information on the error as soon as I can. All I know as of right now is that he's running an HP Pavilion with WinME installed.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

I've suggested that he install the patch to see if that helps, but until then any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CDB
Old 08-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

Windows ME is IMO the WORST OS ever to be released for public consumption... tell your brother to get rid of it (go back to Win98SE if need be, XP would be preferable to both)

Having said that... it could be a couple things, how much memory has he got? It could be trying to swap to disk and Morrowind might not like it. Have him run chkdsk on his hdd, and make sure he's go plenty of free disk space. Close all the programs possible to free up memory. It could also be a driver issue... upgrade the video and sound drivers.

And just in case you forgot... get rid of WinME
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
CDB
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thoran, can I call you Thor??

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it on. I'm not sure if the PC could handle an upgrade, but I would love to see Win2k on it.

Still looking for other tips, so please post if you have any!!

Thanks.
CDB
Old 08-07-2002, 10:38 AM   #4
CDB
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I have some more info on the computer.

HP Pavilion 6475z
Windows 98
96MB Ram (This could be the issue...)
Its probably got a generic video card as well.

I'm going to have him install it on my old Gateway which has a ton more RAM on it. Hopefully that will work.

Keep posting if you know of any other fixes!

Thanks,
CDB