Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

OK, I have questions about wierd things I ran across last week.

First, you all know the Temple quests and you mission to get Illithium right? You run after Ungar, get told to chase Neb, you do so, and once you kick Neb, sell his stuff, what do you do with his head?! Is it some key item?

Next question. When summoning Fiends, Caco version etc., why do they attack me first ignoring all enemies when I have Prot. Evil from Staff of Magi?! Glitch?
Old 02-05-2002, 12:22 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

1. Go to the Government District, and to the Government Building. Then go right across the hall inside, to the top north wall.
There you'll find Inspector Brega. Give him the head, and you will get some XP, some gold (?) and a +1 to your reputation.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 12:42 PM   #3
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Thanx aplenty! Do you know what to do with the empty bottles you find on the corpses of those fighters in the sealed house in the temple district where you get the Celestial Fury +3?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:16 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Suzaku:
Thanx aplenty! Do you know what to do with the empty bottles you find on the corpses of those fighters in the sealed house in the temple district where you get the Celestial Fury +3?

There's a use for 1 of them in ToB, but the place which requires one also provides one. So no, they're there by accident.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 01:27 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Suzaku:
First, you all know the Temple quests and you mission to get Illithium right? You run after Ungar, get told to chase Neb, you do so, and once you kick Neb, sell his stuff, what do you do with his head?! Is it some key item?

As others have said, talk to someone in the Council of Six building.

HINT: You do know that Illithium has many uses, right?

quote:

Next question. When summoning Fiends, Caco version etc., why do they attack me first ignoring all enemies when I have Prot. Evil from Staff of Magi?! Glitch?

There was a bug in the Staff of the Magi implementation. You'll need to patch your program. ToB and its patch may be required to really fix this, though.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 01:51 PM   #6
Keylow
Manshoon

I think the Staaf of the Magi bug can also be resolved by one of the fixes on the Baldurdash site. I know the old address but the site is down. I don't know the address of the new mirror...
Can anyone assist?
Old 02-05-2002, 04:47 PM   #7
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:

There's a use for 1 of them in ToB, but the place which requires one also provides one. So no, they're there by accident.

-- Nifft

From what I understand, the whole guarded compound and rogue stone hidden room were part of an unfinished quest involving the evil twisted rune. You'll notice that the twisted rune thing, outside of the skin and dragon blood part, doesn't come together at all.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
Haladar
Dungeon Master

When you say skin and dragon blood, do you mean that the flayer murders and the tanner have something to do with the twisted rune...
interesting, but where did you find that out?
Old 02-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Haladar:
When you say skin and dragon blood, do you mean that the flayer murders and the tanner have something to do with the twisted rune...
interesting, but where did you find that out?

Could be the fact that you're attacked by guys labelled 'Rune Assassins' in Rejiek's basement... and Darcin Cole tells you to 'avoid crossing the Rune' when you tell him to bugger off.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:29 PM   #10
Aurum
Manshoon

Dudo mucho que sea esto, pero los demonios atacan a los humanos primero, despues a las bestias y asi sucesivamente.