Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 09:24 PM   #1
rick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in windspear hils / domian of the dragon. Got the helm put together, going to the passage were the greater wolfweres are at. Have the vorpal sword on the fighter (tried other +3 swords, death fog, firball, etc also). It says that I 13 damage to the Greater Wolfweres, but when putting the tab over them, they are still unaffected and will not die. I have turned the game off and re loaded to no avail. Running cersion 2.0.2357 per the top of the version page. Please help as I do not know what to do, and can not run past them.

Rick
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:10 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well this might be a bug. But be aware that greater wolfweres have a very fast regeneration, so the damage you are doing might not be more than they can regenerate every turn. Try casting lower resistance (or two) and using magic missiles etc as well to increase the amount of damage you're doing. If it's a bug, then I can't help, sorry [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

Ahh yes... IN MY OPINION the GW's regenerate at a fast rate and u have to slash and hack them really quickly...!
But if itsn't that then u really ahve a bug, dude!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:27 AM   #4
Erydian
Manshoon

Greater Wolfwere's do have an extremely high regeneration rate. In the AD&D specifications, they are capable of regenerating any amount of hitpoints at the end of any given round.

Whether or not this was translated exactly into the game(and it probably was), I *do* know that the way to take down a greater wolfwere in BG2 is to do so very quickly. You basically have to deal a fatal amount of damage in a short amount of time, so speed up your melee fighters and break out the firepower. [img]smile.gif[/img] It isn't a bug.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]

Old 01-11-2002, 05:46 AM   #5
Anarion

I had problem with one in the Asylum. i got a handful of elementals (fire lightning and earth) some giant bears and a ariel servant. hasted the lot and had all my characters go on a all out spell and missile attack. it worked! ( after about 3 reloads)
Old 01-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #6
Keylow
Manshoon

Strange, I've never really had any problems with these creatures. As soon as I see one I just whack them with every thing I've got. I probably used three guys in melee and three with ranged weapons and that did the trick. Have never needed any buffing spells to take out these creatures.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

Hmm, irritating creatures they are ...
I once summoned 20 fire elementals (simulacrum, staff of fire)
To take one down in the asylum, all elementals were bashing away, ..
But getting slaughtered too !!!

Funny enough i got irritated, selected all 20 of them, and frantically clicked the werewolf, which caused ALL elementals to Hit him at ONCE, some doing critical damage. It was something like 400 damage in one round, making the werewolf splatter all around the room.
>
Old 01-12-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
rick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

folks,

Thanks for the thoughts.

I will try to summon a ton of things. But

I do think it is a bug. My main is a f/w at lvl 9/14, stone skin, blessed, chant,PE,Tneser' Trans, Thaco 1, 2 hits/round. Minsc is lvl 14 Thaco -1/2 with 7/2 hits per round, Valyger lvl 14 with 2 shots on the bow, other three are 13 or 14 lvl mages or priest. I center ALL the attacked on only 1 of the GW hitting just about each time Well over 100 damage a round, and they just go back to uninjured.

Makes me mad becuae I can not run past them and there is too much cool stuff to pass up.

Will try the king kong summuoning and see what happens d not think that will help, but sure will try.

Thanks again !!
Rick
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:19 AM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

Well, i do remember reading something about a problem occuring with regenerative creatures.
An example was given of Trolls, sometimes getting ridiculous high HP and regeneration ratings due to a bug. This made them allmost impossible to beat.
It's possible that that's the problem, but since you ARE a mage, try the easier approach :
Just get your Tanks to occupie him, while your mage cast:
- Lower Resistance 2/3 times
-Greater malison (cast BEFORE spook)
-spook (if you have it)
- feeblemind / desintigrate / flesh to stone / polymorph other ETC.

P.s. If you dont have spook, dont try casting greater malison multiple times, it is NOT stackable.
Doom ( 1st lvl priest spell) is the only sav.throw loweringspell stat stacks. So if you have a mage-cleric, just fill up that spell trigger with Greater-malison/spook/doom and your enemies saving throws just dropped by !! 12 !!.