Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-16-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

k maybe someone who knows something about phsycology can explain .... I have taken 3 iq tests ... all from legitimate organizations ...... the first I scored 154 ....... the second 147 ..... the third 130 ..... am I crazy or am I getting dumber as I get older .... hmmmmm might have something to do w/ a car accident I was in last year but I dunno ..... anyways sorry for ranting It was just kinda buggin me ....

------------------
You can only call someone something so many times before they become that which you did not wish them to be!
Bad things happen to bad people!

Founding Father of TLFB
Old 10-16-2001, 07:03 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nope, you're not, Domingo.

Too many factors to consider: A) the testing instrument, B) the conditions under which you took the test, C) if you took them all in a row, the fatigue factor setting in...there's far too much variance to be able to say one way or another.

I'd say average the three and you'll have a rough estimate of your IQ.

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 07:05 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Nope, you're not, Domingo.

Too many factors to consider: A) the testing instrument, B) the conditions under which you took the test, C) if you took them all in a row, the fatigue factor setting in...there's far too much variance to be able to say one way or another.

I'd say average the three and you'll have a rough estimate of your IQ.
An average of about 145 then?

Old 10-16-2001, 07:08 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Awww, don't worry bout it Domingo. In my opinion, "intelligence" in some instances is underrated. For instance, we all have different knowledges on different subjects from life and school. One guy may be great at mathematics, but totally bad at communicating. In other words, what actually defines "intelligence"? We all have different knowledge on various subjects, some more than others. Some people may take a certain IQ test, and not score like they wished, but to me that does not mean they are not "intelligent," as there may be just some things not asked on these tests, things that are important as a human being. Myself, I consider myself of "average" intelligence "score" wise and I'm fine with that

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 07:17 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I agree with Saz and Ladyzekke

But it also depends on the test itself. Some tests are just harder than others, that's just a small fact of life.

Regarless of your actual score, the fact that you scored above 130 on all test would but you into that convoited category of "genius on paper"... now, you only have to prove it in real life

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-16-2001, 07:22 PM   #6
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

thanks guys your definately right .... I wouldn't of even brought it up but I have been feelin kind of out of it lately and I was like oh crap Im getting stupid j/k lol

------------------
You can only call someone something so many times before they become that which you did not wish them to be!

Founding Father of TLFB
Old 10-16-2001, 07:25 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
thanks guys your definately right .... I wouldn't of even brought it up but I have been feelin kind of out of it lately and I was like oh crap Im getting stupid j/k lol

I actually feel like I'm getting dumber lately, I USED to be one of the best students in my class, but right now I just seem to be unable to grasp ANY new concepts or learn anything new, it's REALLY hurting my grades
Old 10-16-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

We should start a club Neb

------------------

Founding Father of TLFB
Old 10-17-2001, 05:37 AM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Huh, Domingo, how old are you ? Because IQ tests on adults do not measure the same thing as IQ tests for children and teens do for once. The tests on children reflect a kind of intellectual state, for example, if you have a high IQ test at 10, it means that you may be able to understand concepts that an average child would be able to grasp only at 12. Though the same kid of 10 would still be 10 in emotional and artistic and physical ages. It is not so for IQ tests on adults, of course.

And Sazerac is also true, man, your score depends of the test itself, the conditions of the test, and your own state when you passed it. Consider it a photo of a small part of yourself at a given instant.

Besides, ditto to what LadyWendy said : you can't reduce the complexity of an human being to a mere number ! Or do we have to name you 145 now ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-17-2001, 08:41 AM   #10
Garnet

Depends on the test, as already said, the conditions, and your own state of mind at the time. If I take a test with a lot of advanced math (think calculus and trig ::shudder: I end up with MORON on my scoresheet. If I'm in one of my creative moods (I'm a writer amongst other vocations), my scores tend to be really, really high. On a normal day, well, they're still high, but not quite as.

And just 'cause you're 'intelligent' don't mean you know when to come in outta the rain!

My .02. Back to the shadows....

Garnet