Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-27-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

ok... this is cheezing me off
i want to have a nice chat with the rattkin in the 6th bower,
the rattkin guards tromp by me as yellow dots, but the boss guys, malone and whatshis name attack me on sight!!!

what did i do to annoy them? nothin!
why cant i just chat? how can i chat

the only thing i can think of is that my party's imported and that i boffed that annoying guy who wanted me to hold up the bank on the anika tryton road.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:39 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

The guy from Arnika road is from the Razuka, if you kill him you'll get a hostile rating towards them and they will attack on sight.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:50 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, killing Rattus pretty much destroys any chance you have of being on good terms with Calzone and Barlone.

There's no need to kill Rattus. He's actually a friendly, and you don't have to do the "rob the bank" quest. In fact, people who did rob the bank were never able to find him again - another reason not to bother.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
Oruboris

Its interesting, though: I spoke with rattus, refused to rob the bank, he said no problem. Ran into him again at cemetary, tried to get info, and he was very snippy.

Killed the breeders, rats were still neutral, left, came back, got the serenity helm, and all the rat goons etc became hostile... Maybe you need a relationship with them before getting the helm or something...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Now that's a neat trick. In every game I've played, all the common rattkin (goons, patrols, etc.) go hostile when you kill the breeders. Only the Razuka stay friendly (if they were so to begin with). Never heard of the common staying neutral after the breeders are gone.

There was one game where I didn't kill the breeders, and the common remained neutral. However, I don't recall if they went hostile after I grabbed the helm, since I teleported out.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:39 PM   #6
otter
Elminster

Getting the helm does not change your faction rating. Killing the breeders should make the common ratts go red, but won't affect the Razuka. Killing any Razuka will make the Razuka red, but not the common ratts. I kill them all. You can still get everything you need, and some really cool stuff, too. The goons that stalk you when you kill Razukas don't show up very often, and aren't much of a battle anyway.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 09:24 PM   #7
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

dang... ok. well i boffed the razuka ages ago, and it was fun. so im cant revert back to an old savegame, so im gonna have to live with it.
i can kill calzone easily, however barlone is 20th level and my party is only 11th, so i cant seem to land any hits. ill just have to come back later and wax his ass then. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2002, 06:27 AM   #8
Oruboris

The don is TOUGH, boy howdee! Odd thing, first party [which otherwise sucked] killed him easily, current party was touch and go, but it is quite doable at level 10/11.

Have all your protection spells running, use any potions of granite, shadows or superman. Be sure all your gang has a few cure poison potions. Haste helps a ton, as does doubleman draught. Fire bombs and other lingering spells/bombs seem to work better than the one time kind.

But what actually worked for me was using a canned elemental behind the don, so that he had to keep turning around... we were hitting a lot more.
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:34 AM   #9
armakh
Manshoon

3 secrets I used to kill the don at level 9....besides having all your buffs up and stuff....lava lamp to distract Calzone so you don' thave to deal with both of them at once, canned elemental (already mentioned), and most of all....armormelt! I didn't have the spell yet, so I used a scroll, and while I still didn't hit a WHOLE bunch, it was a huge help...and it helped my elemental hit more often, and as you know, they hit pretty darned hard.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #10
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Some more tips to dispose of the Don Usually the chest in his room has the trap of "Guardian" on it, set it off intentionally and the guardian will attack the Don, let it wear him down for you as well. Also potions of razor cloak help, and everyone should carry potions of restoration to deal with any damage/poison he deals out. Usually if I am going to kill him I take out Calzone before I meet the Don so I only have to deal with one at a time as well. Also he is generally easier to hit with missile weapons than with melee ones. Also the best way to get his items is to PP him dry before you kill him