Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What are you talking about? Europe are now uniting, and the very strong economy of Germany is pivotal in direction and policy.

Who says they lost the war(s)?
Actually, the German economy lies flat on it's ass, and Schroeder is taking a lot of heat in parliament. He might not sit on his throne much longer.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #22
Animal
Gold Dragon

We wouldn't need english subtitles during Das Boot.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #23
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Faceman, here you are mistaken.

First of all the equipment of RA was the best . Tanks were superb, and that was tank war. T-34 and KV had no rivals. The legends about crappy equipment are legends. Bt-7M could have gone 700 km. No single tank could have achieved 60% of it.

WW2 was caused by stalin as well as hitler. Who signed M-R pact? Who for heavens sake signed rappalo agreement? USSR.

Trotzki's idea-lets wage a constant war with hope of spreading communism. For example -war russia-poland. Trozkii urged RA to go for berlin. The famous battle cry-"daesh Varshavu! Daesh berlin", i.e-lets go to warsaw (sp?), lets attack berlin. But hey! Germany is a neutral state. It was ripe for a revolution, if Pilsudsky lost the war, RA had to enter Berlin and make a revolution. With the economical situation there it should have been easy. But to the sorrow of RA it had Tukhachevsky as a commander. Needless to say that the dolt lost the battle and the war.

Again-Stalin did not want to create a model state. name one state that got the communistic regime without bloodbath. There is no such one. No one wants it, that is all. So the idea of a model state was doomed to failure.

Stalin had to have a major war, so he could take over the globe, As the results of such a war.

Hitler takes over Europe--->europe Stalin liberates with a knife in Hitlers back, Europe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then stalin stays, and woe to the one that says-"uncle jo, go home"!

USSR was prepared 100% for an ambush (i strike first) war. Hitler merely hit first.

My point is that stalin and communists are as much responsible for ww2 as hitler. 50-50.

BTW-Stalin occupied lituania, estonia and ambushed poland in his turn. So your point is rather invalid.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #24
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I don't need English subtitles
Old 05-11-2004, 04:34 PM   #25
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
I don't need English subtitles [/QUOTE]Schindlers List never would have made it to the big screen?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:02 PM   #26
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Rock n' Roll would never have been the same. Bands would have needed a government permit with musical equipment blueprints just to to be able to rock out. Tragedy. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #27
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Rock n' Roll would never have been the same. Bands would have needed a government permit with musical equipment blueprints just to to be able to rock out. Tragedy. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Then again some of the 80's hair bands may not have made into the spotlight.
The way I see it, that's not necessarilly a bad thing.

And Germany does make good beer...

Hmmm...that whole Germany winning WW2 thing, isn't sounding all that bad.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:35 PM   #28
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Then again some of the 80's hair bands may not have made into the spotlight.
The way I see it, that's not necessarilly a bad thing.
Hahaha! True enough! If it means that Twisted Sister never would have been able to rape the eyes and ears of the innocent population then that can only be a good thing! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2004, 06:47 PM   #29
mad=dog

Quote:

4. 1+2+3=yet another world war. Different time, different settings but all the same. The communists snatched with the help of germany (read AA book about lenin) the power in russia, and would have stopped at nothing short of hanging.
IMO WWII was factured by two expanding powers, Germany and Japan. The USSR was at that time trying to consolidate their ground and slowly expand through treaties and diplomatic influence (though that of course was not their master plan in the long run). They were quite poorly prepared and equipped for a full scale war and until the last years of the war relied mostly on manpower. Remember that at Stalingrad some soldiers were not handed a gun? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Snipped a large part. Sorry.
I just wanted to point out that contrary to common belief the German industry was not mobilized for war either. It wasn't until 1943 before the factories started to produce panzer in large quantities, and even though the core of the panzer was made up by exceptionally good tanks the bulk was often obsolete Panzer Mk. II or III. I personally believe that the Hitler administration wanted to win the war with as little effort as possible and underestimated the opposition. I can find no other sound explanation.
I cannot quote as well as the previous gentlemen, but this information comes from a PhD project thesis by two Swedish statisticians. The same authors have also published a shorter fact book speciafically on the Kursk pocket.
Even though the Germans suffered from past underproduction they had trained the troops well. That is a major difference between the mobilization of Germany contra USSR as I see it. One of the best wehrmacht panzer divisions was Lehr and that unit was predominantly made up from pre-war panzer training personel. At least until they suffered heavy casualties during the battle of Caen and later during the push to take Bastogne under the Ardennes offensive.
Honest to God I feel badly about talking so casually about the loss of so many human lives. I will not comment further. Pardon me.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:44 PM   #30
Mellagar

Stalin was Lenin's right hand man during the first world war, however, Stalin had different plans for Russia. Lenin wanted nationalism, whereas Stalin wanted everyone to fit into one simple mold, with no questions. As far as the Russian weaponry, they had some of the most powerful tanks made. German tank rounds would literally bounce off the Russian tanks, due to the welded plates, instead of rivited. The greatest problem with Russians then, and possibly even today, militarily, was if you turned the key and the thing exploded on you......turn it the other way next time.